Chapter 49

| Just a coincidence or a premeditated meeting? |

I was standing very still as I watch Shu Jian ran over her father with a delightful smile on her face. She buried her head over her father's shoulder and suddenly lifted her head before flashing a knowing smile from me.

At that point, all I can hear was the mourning wails from my parents and Ming Chen because I think I'm about to be sentence on a death row from killing a sweet and innocent child.

Like right now.

"Teacher Feng! You're here!" She acted as if nothing has happened and smiled towards me, flashing an innocent smile on her face while I itch to scrape it down.

"Y-Yeah... I'm here..." I trailed off, still in the midst of panic when Shu Jian held my two hands and brought me in front of her father.

"Teacher Feng! This is my dad, he looks grumpy but he's a real softie!" She sweetly said while her father snorted though I can see the pride encasing his eyes.

Ai, she's her parents little cotton-padded jacket, a very sweet one at that.

"G-Good afternoon Sir"

"Teacher Feng! You should call him gonggong!"

I want to run away from this place and screamed every profanities I knew but I couldn't. I could see her father looking at me with glinting eyes and on the other hand, Shu Jian continued her white lotus act.

"Gonggong? Well, are you my daughter in law then? I didn't knew about that" he said while stroking his imaginary beard, his eyes trained on me.

I felt like I was sitting on a carpet of needles, my eyes not lifting to met his gaze this creating a somewhat awkward silence.

"Dad! Don't bully Teacher Feng!" Shu Jian coyly said and threw a glare on her father.

"Fine! Well then, Ms. Feng Mian, mind going to our estate?"

I just nodded without thinking, I don't even knew what happened and I find myself looking at an unfamiliar house or should I say mansion.

It was wide and very much like one of those houses I see on television. It seems like Ming Chen's father is a wealthy business man. I just hope that no matter how crafty his mind is, he wouldn't try to harm me or else, I would really kill his son.

We're not on a dog blood drama where we act scenes such as:

Ming Chen's father: Break up with my son, here's a cheque. Go write how much you want and leave my son's life.

Me: No! I love your son! I won't take the money!

Ming Chen's father: Then you left me now choice, guards, take her away!

There were no maids seen, I think I just saw a butler and a gardener but that doesn't matter, I'm relieved that there isn't any bodyguards and maids who would get my hand and throw me to the streets.

But I just wanted to ask so badly, how did he knew of my existence?

Did he investigate my whole life? Would he look at me like I'm just an ant that's easy to be crushed, a woman who greed for money and someone who is dispensable? Would he threaten to break our relationship like those dog blood drama's?

Ming Chen's father left the room after sending me here, I don't know where he went to but I was glad he didn't stay here or else I'll stop breathing by now. It seems like he's about to ask for his wife and now, I'm shaking in my seat.

I took a peek and saw Shu Jian looking at me, she was talking in the phone and then I suddenly heard a familiar voice roaring from the other side.

Ah, she must have called her brother, good.

"Shu Jian~" I called her name so sweet it could make one's tooth ache.

She stops her conversation- well I doubt that it's a conversation because it's more of a fight- and looked at me with her brows lifted.

"Is that your brother? May I call him?"

She didn't respond so I just took it as a silent confirmation and snatch the phone from her hands.

"Hao Ming Chen" I said with a breezy tone after all it's the calm before the storm.

...

Time continued to pass, the Mid-Autumn festival ended and I'm already working on the film.

Since all my scenes has pretty much tweaked into perfection I can leave now. The director was pretty much chill after we passed the difficult month, only two months more and this film will be open for the cinema.

"Shifu! You're going now?" An Bolin, our newly signed artist, came up with me.

"En"

He shows potential, a bit naive since he's still new in the entertainment industry but he's a smart lad. He's trending after his photo shoot with a famous brand and had already achieved a million followers on Weibo.

His face is eye catching, that is something that isn't hard to see. A face that wasn't tweaked into perfection by scalpels. Even so, I do not want him to be with my sister, no matter how handsome and hard-working he is.

I do not approve of it.

Meanwhile, the innocent An Bolin was confused at his shifu's cold answer but didn't comment further into it. He didn't know that he was unknowingly labeled in the list of 'Not good for my sister's love life' in his shifu's heart.

I didn't stay long after my scene finished, though there's only romantic parts in the script that's left to be filmed, I decided to get myself a body double for kissing scenes.

I do want my Feng-er to be doused in vinegar but I won't let her see me kissing girls on film, even if it's work. I'm possessive and my body is only for her.

My eye has been twitching and it still is, I think something wrong is about to happen but I don't know why.

Soon, I was about to drive on my way to Feng Mian for surprise when Shu Jian suddenly called me. I answered and almost step on the break after hearing her words.

"Dad's here"

This- This troublesome kid!

Notes:

Little cotton-padded jacket, it means Daughter. There is a saying that daughters are her parents' cotton-padded jacket, warm and intimate.
Gōnggōng, this is what you call to your father in law or your husband's father.
Like sitting on a carpet of needle, it means to feel tense and uneasy.

***
Hi people! Well, it was really nerve wracking today since our teacher gave us a three sets of quiz with a time limit. It was truly maddening, something that I do not want to experience again. But I lived, just a minute and I would have been late in turning my work in.

Anyways, I hope you have a great day since mine is about to start- oh, I still have reports and activities to do- yey

Cheer up self and cheer up people! Stay safe as always okay?!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!