Chapter 28

| Trouble in paradise coming up! |

After I drove my mother to the plaza, I went back home. I already told my older brother that I need to go to Liu Ying and ask him to drive mom back home.

Of course it wouldn't be settled with just a favor, it's a transaction between two blooded siblings.

Parking my car, I walked towards her home and knocked on her door. Since she and Wei Xiu decided to be engaged, they bought a house that is almost an hour away from our street.

"You're here, Feng Mian you're here!" Liu Ying grabbed me on my hand and pulled me inside their house.

"Slow down Ying, you might break her arm" Wei Xiu said across the kitchen.

"Feng Mian's not that weak"

I need to intervene or else I might watch them bicker for hours again and then proceeds to do some lovey dovey act. Ugh, couples are just too weird in my opinion, well now that I'm in the couple circle, I feel like my statement is true.

"Okay, okay, I'm fine, let's just get this reunion plan started"

I looked around me, the house seems bug enough for five person. Well, Wei Xiu must have think of the future way too much. The walls are painted in peach, lots of unusual trinkets and things were placed on the wall as well as some heavy looking books, guess it's from Wei Xiu.

After I step into their living room, I was taken to their dining room. Liu Ying pouted and sat down beside me before a plate of food was placed onto the table. It was Wei Xiu's doing, I glanced at his funny looking apron and stifled a laugh.

"Well, well, well, our male god seems to have step down from the skies" I snickered at his pitiful frame before he rolled his eyes at me and ignored me.

He must have lost face after listening to my words. Well, a great man like him would always lose to a beauty, it has been proven in all generations.

"Well, I'm the boss in this relationship!" Liu Ying said and then slapped her thighs.

"Heh! A boss you say? Then why are you always crying to me for mercy every night?" Wei Xiu said in passing before going back to the kitchen.

The quote 'No ivory comes out from a dog's mouth' came up on my mind after hearing his words. Truly, he's mouth is beginning to become more viscous and dirty.

Well, I think Liu Ying just slapped herself on the face.

"That bird brain idiot! Shameless scoundrel!" She blushed in anger while I looked away in fear of her seeing my redden cheeks.

Cough, I didn't hear anything.

...

The plan is to ask everyone about their work schedules and if we could find a day to execute the reunion. I mean it's been three years since we've had one and Ming Chen didn't attend since he's overseas filming.

It won't be easy to find a day that work for everyone but we'll manage, I'm sure of it.

"I'm not sure where Aifen work, do you perhaps know?" I ask Liu Ying since she's much more close to Aifen.

"Of course I know my darling's work place!" She nodded and typed on her phone before showing it to me.

Wait- that hospital seems oddly familiar to me. Isn't it Peizhi's work place?

"We should go to xxx hospital and ask her about her work schedule!" Liu Ying was excited while I spotted a troubled look.

She must have seen the look on my face and sat down before asking me.

"What's wrong?"

"Um... That's where Peizhi works" I mumbled while looking away from her face.

She have that face that says 'Tell me more' and I couldn't, no, I wouldn't tell her more.

"I knew him, you told me about him right?"

Oops, I forgot that I told her about him. It was when I was feeling troubled about my first blind date and then Ming Chen happened.

"Well... Ming Chen's gotta be slightly pissed but I mean we're just going to invite Aifen. I'm not doing anything wrong, right? I'll kick Ming Chen's ass if he dares to make trouble or act like a sulking child, I'll settle him!" I said with a new found courage.

"That's the spirit! Those men can drink vinegar for all we care! We're not dogs! Making us bark when they ordered us to! Pei! That's all fart!"

"You're right, why should I be scared of Ming Chen? That's right Liu Ying, you shouldn't be so submissive to Wei Xiu! You're the master, the boss in this relationship and Wei Xiu's your dog!"

She didn't response and have this wide eye look on her face so I decided to turn around and see a smirking Wei Xiu.

Our eyes met and at that time, my mind has already conjured thousands of excuses but who am I to dare lie to a lawyer? I'm just seeking death, that's for sure.

"Arf"

I looked towards Liu Ying who suddenly barked. She's on Wei Xiu's side and is already acting like a cat whose brushing her fur to it's owner.

"I'm gonna tell Ming Chen"

Oh great, I'm being blackmailed.

"No you won't" I glared at him and looked at Liu Ying for help.

"Sorry, he threatened me too. He'll tell my parents about my slight accident two weeks ago so.... sorry Feng Mian, your on your own" her vody still sticking towards Wei Xiu while he looked down at me.

So, do I need to curry favors with him and beg for forgiveness? No! I'm not going to do that, to hell with his warning! There's no such thing as friends over girlfriend's!

The world have one major law and that is the weak are prey to the strong, it truly is.

Notes:

Lost/ Giving face, refer to dignity and pride as family's pride or one's pride.
No ivory comes out from a dog's mouth, meaning no good words can be expected from a scoundrel.
Seeking death, colloquially, it means to seek trouble out.
•  The weak are prey to the strong, the law of the jungle; “Might makes Right”

***
Hi people! How are today?! It's not raining, it's a bummer seriously!

I hope you like this interaction of our dear three characters. I think Wei Xiu's become more vocal after he finally got our dear Liu Ying and of course, Liu Ying has become more shy into their relationship but still is fierce when it comes to fighting him.

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter! Stay safe and healthy as always!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!