Chapter 23

| A month will pass and then another until you're finally away from home |

Thankfully, the matter was settled after Ming Chen dragged his sister away and toss her on the car before turning towards the young lad.

He looks like he's about to kill him and the guy looks like he was about to pass out from fright.

I can only intervene with the help of Linjie, separating the two away from each other. Thank goodness we're still in the vicinity of the restaurant or else this piece of story will be preyed upon reporters and paparazzi.

"Linjie I didn't do anything! I didn't propose to her or something, I don't even know her!" He said and looked at Ming Chen with pleasing eyes. "Please believe me Shifu, I didn't do anything wrong towards your Mei Mei. Shi mu, please help me"

Shi mu? Heh, this guy is crafty, he knows who to plead help for. Pitying the young lad whose about to be wringed by Ming Chen, I step out.

"He's right, Linjie also supports his claim and I don't think he'll do that to your Mei Mei. Listen to his side first before deciding, hm?"

"Fine"

Well, that worked out pretty easily. I turned towards them and offered the seat. The four of us had finally sat after a very tense argument.

It turns out that Shu Jian tricked him into this so called proposal. Thinking that this young girl is innocent and adorable, he said yes without thinking of the repercussions.

It seems like Shu Jian has set her claws on this pitifull guy.

After that, we ended up leaving the restaurant at nine. He offered to drive me back home and I agreed since I'm feeling a bit sleepy after this whole fiasco.

Ming Chen finally stopped his lecture after he saw that Shu Jian's already asleep. Be can only shake his head and muttered incoherent words.

After reaching my home, he opened the car and held my hand.

"Take care of yourself, stop listening to any wind or rain, ask me first before you decide. I'll also try to get here every once in a week after shooting ends"

He got so close I can almost feel the heat on his body, then he embraced me as I leaned on the back of his car. He kissed my forehead then to my eyes and then to my nose till he dips down and kissed my lips. It was longer and a bitter sweet taste secreted in our lips. Eyelids closed, I didn't notice a figure behind us till I heard someone coughed.

Intentionally.

"Well, well, well, it looks like I have become the bao ernai in this relationship. Tell me my dear, am I the top or the bottom in our relationship?"

The two of us blushed in shame for being caught in the middle of the night doing things that aren't supposed to be seen by kids. I was too mortified to even refute my brother's words.

"Da ge, I'm sorry for troubling you. I didn't expect that we'll be discovered by a paparazzi, it won't happen again. I truly am sorry for the trouble Da ge" he was humbly apologizing at my brother while my brother raised his brows and motioned for me to get to our house.

"It's fine, just don't let it inconvenience my Mei Mei. You're in the entertainment world, be more careful lest she suffers"

Now, I looked at my brother with a new perception. It seems like I've misunderstood my brother for years.

"Gege-"

"I'll forgive you if you introduced me to that famous star that you had a rumor with five months ago"

Nope, I take back my words. Pei! He's just farting! How could he forsake our relationship with desire?! Unbelievable!

...

It has been three months since I've arrived in in City B, it's three hours away from City A so I can visit Feng-er.

I'm currently shackled on with some wires for an action scene. We're currently doing this scene on Film and TV City. A lot of actors had filmed on this place and now, were currently shooting here.

It'll be half a month of filming here so I figured I'll just go to her after this scene ends.

"Okay, stand by everyone! In the count of three, two, one and action!"

I finally finished the scenes after eight takes, some of those takes were made for the camera angles and to make it more seamless as possible.

"Shifu! You did great! Is your right wrist okay though?"

It's An Bolin, after he explained his side, I was finally able to get to control my anger towards him. I just wished it's Feng-er that's asking about my well being rather than this disciple of mine.

"You should see a doctor for that" Linjie said as she offered to take me to the hospital.

My wrist got tangled up on the wires, though it didn't dislocate, it's still bruised and I don't think I can hide it towards Feng-er.

"It's fine, I'll spread some medicinal wine after I get home"

"Oh, you're meeting with Shi mu?" Bolin muttered lowly with a teasing glint on his eyes.

"Yes, and you should stop saying those ambiguous things. I don't want the world to know of her, besides, I'll be going now. Don't meet with my sister again!"

"I didn't, she was the one who always called and ask for me!"

I didn't replied anymore and drove towards City A. Fortunately, the shoot ends at lunch time so I still have some time to be with her.

Though my hand hurts, my heart aches to be with her more. I don't want to make her wait more, I also brought a bouquet of flowers on the back of the car.

With a smile, I drove to her school and waited till I saw her.

Notes:

Listening to wind or rain, means listening to gossip.
Bāo èrnǎi,  to have a mistress is a term meaning “second wife” from the days when polygamy was practiced in China)
Fart/ Farting, slang meaning to talk nonsense; “Bullshit!”
Film and TV city is a large studio where movies and TV drama's are made.

***
Hi people! How are you today? My tongue hurts and I don't even know how or when I got injured.

Anyways, I hope you're doing well today!

Thank you for the reads and votes everyone! Stay safe and healthy as always!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE

Thank you!