Jin || Astraphobia

Trigger Warning: Panic attacks, a little bit of blood.

Heavily inspired by the storm that is about to happen where I live.

With that being said, Astraphobia is the fear of thunderstorms. This can bring panic attacks.

~~

It's been a pretty dull day in Seoul, South Korea. The clouds covering the sky making it seem grey and pale. The schedule today was fairly easy, that being dance practice and vocal lessons for the vocalist. The sky only continued to get darker and darker. Which was not good for Jin's nerves. Jin was dedicating himself more and more each day to dance. He really wanted to be as good as Jimin and Hobi.

He spent countless hours doing the same moves. He wanted it perfect, Jin wasn't one to be a perfectionist. But when it came to making his dongsaengs happy, he wanted them to be proud of how far he's come. But today, he wasn't feeling it.

Jin has had Astraphobia his whole life. He's constantly on edge, waiting for the next storm to happen. He can identify a close storm just by smelling the air. (Idek) How humid it is outside the day prior, the color of the sky. Being able to do this is helpful, to know when a tropical storm is going to happen, or when it's not safe to stay after practice. It can also be quite irritating, not only for him but for his members too.

He spaces off, often looking at the sky. Mentally preparing himself for what's to come. While dazing off during who knows what song they're on, he gets bumped into by Jimin as he was standing still.

"Jin Hyung? What are you doing? Did you forget the move again?" Hobi half heartedly shouts at him.
"Hm, oh sorry Hobi and Jimin-ah." Hobi's frustrated face slowly softens into a concerned sympathetic one.

Jin has never been very open with the members about his fear of storms. Usually they would spend stormy nights watching movies together in the living room. This, the members presence was enough to calm him from his raging anxiety.

He zones out yet again looking outside the big window in the studio. This is going to be a long practice..

Yoongi noticed this, and goes over to his only Hyung. He hovers his hand over his eyes shaking it in front of them. This makes Jin blink rapidly and regains his focus.

"Hm? Did someone say something?"

"Jin Hyung? Are you feeling ok?" Genuine concern fills Namjoon as he walks over having been assessing the situation the whole time. Soon all the other member crowd him. This is not what he wanted.

He never wanted to be a burden. He was the eldest Hyung, he should not be treated like the youngest. Like the Maknae. That treatment was reserved for JungKook, TaeHyung, and Jimin. He was not supposed to be stealing it.

Deep down, he wanted someone to notice his pain. To help him, but he also wanted to be strong. Like the eldest is supposed to be. But when they did notice, he didn't know how to tell them what was wrong.

"I'm fine guys, I just forgot a step. I'm sorry. Let's continue we don't want to be here all night."

And with that, the members don't believe him, but slowly gave in. It took some mild convincing, but he did it.

Vocal lessons went fine, other than the occasional dazing off, but no one seemed to notice this.

Back at the dorm Jin immediately started on dinner. Being on edge the whole time, he wanted someone to help him. JungKook and Tae were in JungKook's room playing over watch. Yoongi was in his studio, Jimin there with him. Hobi and Namjoon were the only two in the living room right behind the kitchen.