Namjoon || asthma

Request requested by @BTSJimins_lost_jam

I think I'm the only person who struggles with 'breathe' and 'breath'... why cant i get it ahhhhhh

~~~~

Namjoon was not diagnosed with asthma, but seeing how easily he got out of breath, and how often he had to sit out from workouts due to fatigue, it was a given. Everyone believed the boy had the respiratory illness, but who took action? No one. No one had chosen to spoke up about the problem except for their manager, telling him repeatedly to get it checked out, but he never listened.

And maybe that it was his fault when he got dizzy during a workout that day. "I need a break." He puffed out, resting his arms on his knees. He was hunched over which didn't help the situation, but he couldn't really notice. He still felt awful. "I feel faint." His knees were about to buckle and send him crashing into the floor, but he crouched down instead. Yoongi hadn't been far behind him, going over to the boy to comfort him the best that he could.

Namjoon's chest tightened in on him, he felt terrible. It was a struggle to breathe, he gasped trying to take in as much oxygen as he could. "You need to stay calm. Take a deep breath." Namjoon shook his head, he was getting more and more dizzy by the second.

"Hurts-" His throat was now constricting him, his sentences were cut short because of it. He tried to take a breath but it burned his chest. Like fire burning down a plastic tube.

"I know, but you need to try."

"Did." Yoongi sighed, he knew what it was, but no one owned an inhaler. Namjoon finally let the black spots in his vision take over, collapsing into the ground.

"Medic! I need a medic!" Yoongi called, catching his leader in his arms. He cradled him until the medics arrived, sitting him up so that his back was straight yet still leaning against the himself. The medics placed an oxygen mask on him after assessing the situation for a few quick seconds. "Hey, hey, Joon." He softly stroked his arm, getting goosebumps at the skinship yet continuing.

One of the medics, with lushus, long, thick black hair, ran her fingers through his hair. Namjoon shook, almost like a feverish chill. His eyes flickered, his cheeks pale. He didn't feel right, his breathes were still quick; but nowhere near as bad as before.

"There you go, Namjoon-ssi. Nice, deep, slow breaths. That's it." The medic comforted. They were very good at their jobs, in every members' opinion. They knew their way around the medical field, and how to make people smile. Very professional and kind. All of them.

Namjoon followed along the best he could, eventually getting a stable breathing pattern that the medic was happy with. "Good, now just rest for a while, go inside and drink some water." Namjoon and Yoongi both nodded, the older helping the younger up.

"I know you are probably going to hate me for this, but you really need to get this checked out. It's almost every week." Namjoon sighed, but didn't say anything. "I'm serious, Namjoon."

"I know. You always are." Yoongi really wanted to laugh at Namjoon's small joke, but he knew he needed to stay serious for the younger to listen to him. Instead, he let himself place a comforting hand on his back, rubbing it softly. He transitioned to patting, before dropping it, and pondering what to say next.

"Please." Yoongi ended the conversation abruptly. Namjoon leaned more into the older's side, and they walked together. They had only took a walk to the outdoor workout center they had in the courtyard of the big hit building, Namjoon was running around trying to run a couple miles. Maybe 2, or even three if he felt up to it. He only made it to point five.

"Hi, hyungs! How was the workout?"

"It was good, kook!" Namjoon beamed after entering the dorm. Yoongi decided it was a good idea to let the younger lie, just this once. He didn't want to put anyone in a bad mood, more than they already were at least. Kook was out of dancing and working out because of a shattered bone.