Chapter Twenty -Tutoring Fiasco

"I GIVE UP!" I whined and slammed my head on the table.

Currently, I am doing my homework in math at the dining room and it is excruciating. It would be alright if they just give me an equation, but no. It had to be word problems where you need to think and understand the problem very well.

"Hmm? What seems to be the problem, Imouto-chan?" Kana Nii-chan asked as soon as he sat beside me.

"I'm having trouble with my homework," I whined. "It's more on problem-solving and it is confusing,"

"What is the lesson about?" he asked and grabbed my notebook.

"Maxima and Minima using Derivatives," I replied.

"My, my, this brings back memories." He chuckled. "I guess I can help you with what I know,"

"Really?!" I chirped.

"Of course, what kind of Onii-chan will I be if I don't help my cute Imouto-chan." He jested.

"Thank you, Onii-chan!"

'Wow, Kana Nii-chan sure is smarter than he looks. I guess we shouldn't judge the book by its cover,'

*Text Alert*

"Oh, it seems that I have a client to meet with." Kana Nii-chan said as soon as he has read the text message. "I'm sorry that I couldn't help you much more, Imouto-chan."

"It's alright Onii-chan! You've helped me more than enough and I also had fun. Sadly I still don't understand some of the problems," I sighed.

"Well, I do know someone who is a better tutor in Math. I'm great at a different subject rather than Math, would you like to have a session with me sometime?" Kana Nii-chan teased.

"No need!" I shrieked. "But I would like to meet this tutor,"

"Your words wound me, Imouto-chan." He pouted. "Well, if there is a person out there that is smart that would be Kyo-nii. He's probably in his room right now, I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping you."

"Thank you Onii-chan!"

"Well, I should go now. Good luck with that homework of your, Imouto-chan." He said.

"Thank you. Take care, Onii-chan!" I said and packed my things.

'Oh right! It's Ukyo Nii-chan's birthday today. I should probably get his gift before barging into his room,'

*Ding, dong*

"Huh? Lisa?" Ukyo Nii-chan gaped when he opened his door. "It's rare for you to call on me at this time of night. What's the matter?"

'Wahh, Nii-chan looks so handsome with his hair down...'

"Lisa?" he called out

"I-I apologize for coming by so late..." I uttered. "But, I had something I wanted to tell you..."