Chapter Fifty - Goodbye

December 26

Days have past and I can see that as each day has passed, Nee-chan seemed to have gone restless. I didn't have to ask as to why, because I already know. It's about the conflict between Suba Nii-chan and Natsume Nii-chan. That night, Nee-chan barged into my room with red eyes and explained to me that Nii-chan left. Ever since that night, Nee-chan grew quite and I am doing whatever I can and as much as I can while I'm here with her.

"Nee-chan, are you alright?" I asked her and took the teapot to stop her from spilling the tea.

"I don't know," she sighed.

"You know, if you can't find a good way to resolve everything, then you need to move forward with a solution you can come up with," Yusuke said.

Oh yeah, before I forget, the three of us are currently in my room. Nee-chan and Yusuke decided to help me pack my thing for my departure tomorrow. Well, Nee-chan was helping while Yusuke tried hiding my passport to stop me from leaving.

"He's right you know," I said and zipped the luggage close.

"I know, but that's not the only thing bothering me." She said.

"What is it then?"

"You're leaving tomorrow already!" She wept and wrapped her arms around me. "I know this is your dream, but I can't help but feel sad that you're leaving. You have always been there for me and this will be our first time being separated from each other,"

"Now, now. Stop crying Nee-chan," I smiled as I stroke her hair. "I know that a year is a long time, but sometimes time passes by quicker than you know. So, stop crying now."

"I-I'll try," She sniffled and wiped her tears away. "However, I think I'm not the only one crying right now."

I looked form behind us and saw that Yusuke was also crying, "Aw, is someone going to miss me too?"

"S-Shut up! Of course, I will miss you! You're the only sibling I don't think is repulsive," He muttered the last part, but I was able to hear it.

"Come here you," I ushered him to closer and I snuggled up to him. "I will miss you too, but as promised, I will call you whenever I can. Now stop crying you two! I feel like I'm the oldest between the three of us."

After that, they decided to leave my room for they have to study the upcoming entrance exam at Meiji. I, on the other hand, grew hungry and went downstairs to make myself a snack.

"Onee-chan!" I heard a voice behind me and saw that it was Taru-kun.

"Taru-kun, are you also hungry? Would you want me to make you a snack?" I asked.

He shook his head no and hid his face in a shy manner, "C-Can you play with m-me? You'll be leaving tomorrow and I wanted to spend time with you before you go,"

"Of course I will,"

"Really? Yey!" He exclaimed.

"Why don't I get the game Natsume Nii-chan made for us to play? I haven't tried it yet," I suggested.

"Okay! I'll set up the TV," He beamed and run back to the living room.

I went back to my room to grabbed the game and went to the living room. I remembered that I stored it away so I wouldn't get addicted in the middle of the exam period. 'Would Taru-kun be able to handle this? Nii-chan did warn me that it is quite difficult,'

"Taru-kun, I think it might be a bit too difficult for you. Do you have any other games you would like to try?" I asked.

"I'm not a kid anymore, Onee-chan." He sulked. "I'm going to enter junior high next year,"