Chapter Thirty-Five - Lisa's Reasons

"Don't, Lisa! I can't believe that you would also lie to me! You knew about this, and you didn't tell me!" She shouted. "I trusted you! You're my sister!"

"Nee-chan!" I sprung out of bed gasping for air as if I had run a marathon.

'Nee-chan, please forgive me.' I crashed back to my bed while pouring my tears out. 'Nee-chan...'

"Lii-chan, are you alright?" I heard a voice asked from outside my room.

"Who's there?" I asked while walking towards my door.

"It's me, Louis and Juli. We heard you scream and thought that you might be having a nightmare," Louis Nii-chan said.

I opened my door and saw him with Juli on his shoulders, "I-I'm fine. What time is it?"

"It's one in the morning," He answered.

"Why aren't you asleep yet? Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry-"

"No, you didn't," Nii-chan patted my head. "The others and I couldn't sleep neither,"

"By 'others' you mean..?"

"Masa-nii, Kyo-nii, Kana-nii, Hika-nii, and Azu-nii. They are in the living room, we are also worried about Chii-chan." Nii-chan explained.

"Can I join you and the others? I don't think I'll be able to get some shut-eye," I asked.

"Of course," Nii-chan agreed and I grabbed a jacket and went downstairs together with Nii-chan and Juli.

"Imouto-chan, how are you feeling?" Hika Nii-sama asked as he pulls up a chair beside me.

"Down in the dumps or even chuck in the depths of the ocean," I sat beside Nii-sama and laid my head on his shoulders.

"There, there, Imouto-chan. Maybe talking about it might help?" Nii-sama suggested as he caresses my hair.

"Yeah... maybe..." I uttered.

"Maybe you could start with how you knew about the adoption," Masa Nii-chan said.

"... When I was a kid, I like going to Otto-san's study. I enjoy being in the comforts of Otto-san's things since he is barely at home. However, one day, I saw a box with Nee-chan's name in it. I thought that maybe it would have Nee-chan's baby pictures so I went and opened the box, what I saw inside was beyond what I was expecting." I said. "Before I could tell of all it to Nee-chan, Otto-san saw me in his study. He explained to me that Nee-chan's parents passed away shortly after she was born, and so Otto-san was the person who took her as his own child."

"Why didn't he explain this to Ema soon after she had grown?" Ukyo Nii-chan asked.

"Otto-san loved Nee-chan will all his heart, she was the only thing he has as close as a real daughter. Of course, it has crossed his mind to tell Nee-chan the truth, but he just couldn't figure out how to do it. You see, he loved her like a real daughter and he was afraid that the thing between them would change." I explained. "That's why I couldn't tell her, either. It wasn't my decision to make, it was Otto-san's. But I fear that she may not forgive me for keeping it from her for a long time,"