Chapter Twenty-Five - Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve

'Yey! It's Christmas Eve! I'm sure this will be the best Christmas celebration Nee-chan and I will even experience!'

"Lisa?" Nee-chan entered my room. "Do you mind helping Ukyo-san and I finish prepping the food? We just need to carry the food out, but it is excessively numerous."

"Sure!" I jumped out of bed and slipped on my slippers. "You made my favourite, right?"

"Of course, smoked salmon carbonara cooked and ready." Nee-chan chuckled.

"Yey! Let's go!" I grabbed her by the arm and rushed to the kitchen. "Wow, there are so many foods!"

"Well, it is a feast. It's thanks to your sister that I was able to finish prep so quickly this year. Thank you so much for your help," Ukyo Nii-chan said.

"Oh, no. I had so much fun preparing things with you. I'm so glad that I could be of use to you," Nee-chan smiled.

"I-I'm sorry that I wasn't able to help Nii-chan," I apologized and bowed.

'If you guys don't remember, a conflict kind of irrupted between the two of us and ever since then, I still haven't apologized to him.'

"You don't have to apologize, Lisa. You were busy with your mid-term exams and since I've heard that you and Yusuke have done well in your exams, this will be your congratulatory celebration." Ukyo Nii-chan said.

"T-Thank you, Nii-chan." I smiled.

"Haha, well we'll enjoy the party now!" Ukyo Nii-chan exclaimed and grabbed the last food from the counter.

"Kyo-tan! Onee-chan! Hurry, hurry! Everyone is here now!" Taru-kun hollered from the dining room.

"Well then, shall we go?" Ukyo Nii-chan proposed.

"Okay!" "Let's go!"

"Now that Imouto-chans and Kyo-nii are here, why don't we start a toast! Masa-nii?" Kana Nii-chan proposed.

"Huh? Me?" Masa Nii-chan asked.

"Naturally," Kana Nii-chan inferred.

"Erm... Well, It will be simple..." Masa Nii-chan cleared his throat. "This year our family grew, and this is our first Christmas together. Especially for Lisa-chan and Ema-chan, I hope you will enjoy today, our annual Asahina Christmas party! Everyone as well, let's stay together and enjoy our time today. Well, then. CHEERS!"

"CHEERS!!"

'Sadly, we youngsters will be drinking soft drinks while the adults can have champagne.'

"I'm not so good with stuff like that..." I heard Masa Nii-chan muttering beside me.

"I don't think so, what you said was actually heartwarming. Plus, it is fitting to hear from the eldest brother when it comes to these kinds of things," I said.

"She's right, you know. It's your place as the eldest son." Ukyo Nii-chan imparted.

Masa Nii-chan chuckled, "By the way, Ema-chan and Ukyo, thank you for preparing all of this immaculate looking food."

'Unrelated to him being the eldest son, Masa Nii-chan always gives kind words of encouragement and praise in times like these...'

"With such an amount to prepares, she was such amazing help." Ukyo Nii-chan said.

"But, with so many family members it's a given. I hope everyone will be able to fill up!" Nee-chan exclaimed.

I agreed with Nee-chan and went to grab another drink and saw Louis Nii-chan also there.