Chapter Thirty-Seven - Beauty and the Writer

After the episode in the park, Hika Nii-sama and I went home together. I don't know if it's me or not, but I feel like Iori Nii-chan misunderstood of me saying that I will be helping him to conquer his past. However, I don't want to think ill of my brother. He's been through a lot, I'm sure he'll come up into his senses and he needs help with that.

"What seems to be in your mind, Imouto-chan?" Hika Nii-sama asked.

"Mostly about Iori Nii-chan. I'm worried about him," I sighed. "I just wanted to help him, but I don't he misinterpreted our conversation at the hospital."

"I'm sure all he needs right now is time to think things through," Nii-sama said.

"He has been given time already, he needs help. A person can't get through something as horrible as Nii-chan went through. They will always need a person to cry on even if they seem to not ask for help, or else they might lose their minds and go mental." I explained.

"Hmm, are you still talking about Iori? Or yourself?" He asked.

I didn't reply though... I couldn't... Because he was right.

The walk home was quite awkward for me, I don't know if it was for Nii-sama. We have already reached the lobby of the hotel and were getting ready to part ways. However, I don't want to end this night without clearing the air between us.

"Lisa," Nii-sama called. "Since you don't have work or even classes tomorrow, would you mind working with me for the night?"

"By work, meaning?" I asked.

"In helping me gather data for the novel that I am working on," He said. "As I've said before, I don't have many chances to talk to musicians like you."

'Well, I guess luck is on my side.'

"Sure!" and so, we rode the elevator up to his room.

"Please excuse the mess. My room always looks tragic before deadlines," He chuckled as he opened the door.

"It's no problem," I giggled. "I could say the same for my room whenever I come home late,"

"Now, then. Why don't you get comfortable in the living room while I go change out of this disguise," Nii-sama said as he went to his room to change.

After settling in the living room, I can see scattered notes and papers everywhere. 'Nii-sama must have been busy with his work, I sure do hope that he didn't forget to take care of himself.'

Being the clean-freak that I am, I began gathering his notes from the floor, the couch and placed them properly on the coffee table.

"So this is how husbands feel whenever they come home from work to see their wife cleaning," Nii-sama spoke from behind me.

"N-Nii-sama! You startled me!" I exclaimed and saw that he had his hair tied into a ponytail and was wearing a white long-sleeved sweater and black pants. He also had a tray of tea in his hands.

"Sorry," He chortled and sat beside me on the couch and placed the tray on the coffee table.

'Wait... did he just say "wife" moments ago?! WAHHHHH!'

"Are you feeling alright, Lisa-chan?" Nii-sama asked. "You are looking quite flushed,"

"Y-Yup! It's just that, I think this is the first time that I've seen you in male clothes. It looks good on you," I blabbered. "N-Not that I'm saying that you don't look beautiful in woman's clothes! Y-You just look rather attractive in that form,"

'WHAT THE HECK AM I SAYING! WHY CAN'T MY MOUTH JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!'

"Ohh, I'm entirely flattered that my dear Imouto-chan finds me attractive." He smiled and handed me the cup. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it from now on. Now, then. Shall we get started?"