Chapter Forty - The First Confession

"Man, I am so tired." I groaned as I stretch my body.

"I know right! I'm beat!" Tomori-chan sighed as she crashed on the floor.

Let me introduce to you, Nao Tomori. She has long grey hair tied in two tails with dark hair ties and has big blue eyes. She is also a singer here, we were in the same batch of trainees, but we don't usually see each other. She and I met a few days ago because of Inouye-san being our choreographer.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Tomori-chan. My little brother is expecting me today," I said as I grab my bag.

"Don't you live elsewhere?" She asked.

"Yeah,"

"Then why are you always there?"

"I don't know as well. It seems as though my brothers can't leave without me," I chuckled.

"Why not move in with them again?"

"... I'm currently happy at where I live," I said.

"Hmm? Could it be because you're living with a handsome roommate?" She teased.

"It's not that!"

"Really?"

"I'll leave you to your imagination," I said and left the studio.

'Why is it that I'm always there?'

*Beep, beep*

Suddenly, a black car parked in front of me. Its door opened to reveal a certain monk, Kana Nii-chan. "Good evening, Imouto-chan. Are you on your way back home?"

"Y-Yeah, how did you know that I was about to go home at this hour?" I asked.

"I was accompanying a follower around the area earlier, and I was driving to the parking lot when I saw you," Nii-chan said.

"Oh, okay."

"Would you want to play around somewhere before returning home?" Nii-chan asked.

"No thank you, Taru-kun is expecting me home. He needs something for his homework," I replied as I walked towards the car. 

"Then we should just eat outside. Ema-chan is always so busy taking care of everyone, so nobody will complain if takes a break every once in a while. You are probably tired from work as well, especially when you always visit the residence after work."  I realize that Nii-chan is doing this for Nee-chan and I's sake.

"That's so sweet of you Nii-chan, but I assure you that I'm fine. I feel happy whenever I visit the residence it's more enjoyable to have dinner with everyone at home." I smiled.

"That's too bad, I thought that we could finally have our date today." Nii-chan jokingly sighs. I chuckled because knowing that his frivolous words, he's always watching over Nee-chan and me.

On the way back to the mansion, Nii-chan suddenly stops the car in the side of the road. "Nii-chan, is something wrong?"

He got out of the car and walked towards the middle upon seeing something lying, he carried it into his arms and walked back. I took a glimpse of what was in his arms, and what I saw was disturbing. It turns out to be a dead kitten. 

"Wait in the car," Nii-chan said, but I followed him to a quiet place away from people. Nii-chan then stopped at a spot by the tree and dug a grave for the kitten. I decided to help Nii-chan bury the kitten and prayed a short prayer for the poor kitten.

"Imouto-chan, do you know where one's heart will go after one dies?" Nii-chan asked making me a little confused. "Each religion has a different answer, and it depends on people's beliefs as well... but my senior at work once said that after death, one's heart will stay beside those who remember them."

The Hinata Sisters (Brothers Conflict Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें