Song Fic - Believer by Imagine Dragons

https://youtu.be/7wtfhZwyrcc

Hey here's a little song fic for you all. I changed a few of the lyrics and removed the third verse.

Today was the day the rouges came back. Tony Stark waited anxiously in the commons kitchen, Peter Parker standing next to him. He was there for emotional support. Peter noticed Tony's nervous fidgety behavior. He hesitantly placed a comforting hand in his shoulder.

Instead of throwing it off like Peter expected, Tony places his hand on top of Pete's and smiled at him. The elevator dinged.

Here we go.

Steve, Bucky, Natasha, Wanda, Sam, Clint, and Scott, the new guy, stepped out of the elevator. Steve and Tony met eyes. The tension in the room was stronger then vibrainium. The other members of team 'cap' hung back. Peter squeezed Tony's shoulder. Steve noticed the young teen.

"Who's this?" He asked a bit coldly.

"My intern."

Steve raised an eyebrow, "This doesn't seem like the best place-"

Tony cut him off, "He stays or you leave."

Steve held his hands up in surrender. "Ok. I-"

Tony interrupted again, "Nope. You don't get to talk. That's not how this works."

"Tony I-"

"Wow you still can't follow the rules. I thought you'd learned your lesson."

Steve opened his mouth but quickly closed it and looked down at his boots.

Tony cleared his throat, "First things first,
I'mma say all the words inside my head. I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been. The way that things have been. Second things second, don't you tell me what you think that I could be I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea. The master of my sea." He gestured to his tower. Steve looked a bit shocked. "I was broken from a young age. Taking my sulking to the masses. Writing my poems for the few, that look at me, took to me, shook to me, feeling me. Singing from heartache from the pain, taking my message from the veins, speaking my lesson from the brain, seeing the beauty through the" Tony raised his voice and pointed a finger accusingly at Steve Rogers. "Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer! You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer! Let the bullets fly, oh let them rain, my life, my love, my drive, it came from Pain!"

Steve was shocked. "Tony I-"

"I'm not done."

"Oh."

"I was choking in the crowd, building my rain up in the cloud, falling like ashes to the ground, hoping my feelings, they would drown. But they never did, ever lived, ebbing and flowing, inhibited, limited, till it broke open and rained down and rained down, like..." he raised his voice again. The other rouges looked sympathetically at Steve. Peter watched on like a proud son. "Pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer. You break me down, you build me up, believer, believer, pain! Oh let the bullets fly, oh let them rain. My life, my love, my drive, it came from pain! You made me a, you made me a believer, believer!"

The rouges all looked shocked at Tony. He looked over at Peter. Then he grabbed him and brought him forward. "Last things last, by the grace of the fire and the flames, you're the face of the future, the blood in my veins, the blood in my veins. You made me a, you made me a believer, believer."

Peter was the one who looked shocked now. "I- Mr. Stark, what do you mean?"

"You're the future of the Avengers kid, learn from their mistakes." Tony gestured to the rouges.

Nat spoke up, "Alright who is this kid really?"
Peter turned to them, "My names Peter Parker or.....Spider-Man."

A few of the rouges gasped. Steve looked livid.

"Tony he's a kid! Are you serious?! How could-"

Tony opened his mouth to speak but Peter beat him to it. "How could YOU Mr. Rogers? How could you betray Mr. Stark for a mass murderer? How could you leave him to DIE?! We're you listening to the speech Mr. Stark just gave? I went on that mission of free will and if I recall correctly I held up just fine against you and your friends."

Bucky nodded. "Kid stopped my metal arm dead in its tracks."

Tony scowled, "I don't think you should be talking Winter Soldier."

"My names Bucky." He said coldly.

"Your rooms are down the hall. Me and Mr. Stark are going down to the lab. Don't follow and don't bother us. We're ordering dinner for ourselves, figure your dinner out. Have a terrible night."

I don't know what the ending is. I just learned guns and ships from Hamilton and I'm real proud of myself. So hard.