CHAPTER 7

Just one more day for the wedding to go was all everyone could think of. It would be a national sensation, two highly accredited business tycoons securing an alliance through a sacrament. Wilson placed his fingers delicately on the piano and struck a few notes. The melody echoed in the vast living area and he continued to play a full piece without shifting his gaze to anything around him. After a beat he straightened himself and looked at Caleb determined.

''What do you think of Meghan'', he asked, catching Caleb off guard. He had always been a tight lipped bastard and for him to throw such a direct question at Caleb about someone he was affected by was interesting. For a moment Caleb decided to ignore the question as if he hadn't heard it.

''I asked you something, you need hearing aid old man'', Wilson turned on his seat to face Caleb and raised an eyebrow. Caleb shrugged, it was his cue to answer him.

''She is a really good woman, smart, sassy, basically someone who can keep you grounded. Why do you ask though'', Wilson's question had piqued his curiosity.

''I was wondering the same, she seems mighty fine, can she keep me grounded, I'm not a pet, can I tone her attitude down, she definitely needs that'', he rubbed his chin with his long fingers in thoughtfulness. His comment had got Caleb worried, as a friend who knew Wilson well, he was a player, not letting things slip away too easily, but this time he was more concerned for Wilson than Meghan. That lady knew her way with men and Wilson was too naïve and self-absorbed to even realize that. Very few women could restrain Wilson's charm and she was definitely one of them.

Whatever Wilson had in mind was not holy, yet Caleb believed this experience would be either life changing for Wilson or could totally scar him for life.

''What are you thinking, you're giving me chills'', Caleb asked Wilson but in vain, he dint give away anything just his expression seemed menacing. He shook his head and grabbed his suit jacket to leave. He did not want to be a part of whatever Wilson was plotting. They already had a lot on their table, it was getting tougher managing business at Elias Enterprises, but Caleb was hardly bothered about that since Wilson was more than capable to deal with shit, he had his own skill full ways, a master of minds.

Meghan was slouched on her sofa, mindlessly scrolling through the channels on her telly wanting to get rid of Wilson and those grey eyes. She was a sucker for expressive eyes, his were just that, but too darkly deep and enigmatic. It was like he was so authoritative and shrewd yet all that just zeroed down to him being vulnerable. She wanted to know more about him, but then she knew she was treading dangerous waters so she wanted to banish him from her thoughts.

Just a peek into him wouldn't be a crime Meghan, it's the 21st century, everyone checks everyone out these days and besides why not he is my client, what's wrong in that, she thought to herself. She raced to her bedroom and retrieved her laptop, powering it up she quickly googled the name, Wilson Elias. There he was, his alluring face popped on the screen. She scrolled down further and surprisingly there was very little about his family but a hell lot about the women he's dated previously. From models, to TV anchors, to wives of potential business associates, this man really had no boundaries. She felt irked, what was she even thinking trying to search him up on the web. He repelled her.

They were just opposites, she preferred stability, commitment and devotedness and well he was just a devil in disguise. She had to stay away from him, women for him were like exchange offers, or maybe even worse- buy one get one free. Eww. She switched of her laptop and directed her concentration to the telly. She wasn't even close to upset, well maybe. She knew he was bad news from the time she met him at her boutique. Steve would be coming over to her place in a few, they had to lay a plan out for how everything would be done tomorrow, getting the pieces delivered, getting ready, it was truly an important event and just as she decided to tidy herself into something more presentable to not scare her friend off with her hair in a nest of mess and her throw pillows all over the place, there was a ring on her cell phone. At first she decided to ignore that one, she had a long day and she deserved a break, but then she dint want to upset one of her many influential clients so she picked up the phone.

For a moment there was just breathing, heavy breathing so she decided to make a conversation.

''Hello''

''Ms. Bates, Meghan I should have not done what I did the other day at your boutique'', it was Wilson. She looked at her cell phone screen in confusion. It was almost 11 and rather than attending to his wedding arrangements for tomorrow, he was calling her to what apologize?

''Yes, that was highly unprofessional, isn't it too late for this though'', she murmured.

''Apology isn't my thing so I'm going to let that be, but tell me how I can make it up to you'', she wasn't able to decipher where this conversation was going. In fact the whole matter annoyed her a little, he was getting married tomorrow and here he was flirting with another woman, he had no shame.

''I think it's pretty late at night and you do not need to make it up to me considering your reputation'', she wanted him to back off now.

''Reputation, couldn't curb your interest in checking me out, I appreciate such promptness Miss Bates, so what did you make of my reputation'', he chuckled.

''Like I said it's late at night, and the list of your reputable flings and ways could go on, don't you have a wedding tomorrow Mr. Elias'', she groaned.

''Of course I do, that's inevitable, but this is way too amusing than getting booked for life, so I ask you again, what did you make of my reputation Ms. Bates'', he breathed.

''No offense, but you're one high and mighty, condescending ass hole'', she replied confidently. There was silence for a few seconds when Wilson resumed,

''No offense taken, in fact that was very forthright of you, which concludes that I will have to work extremely hard to make you change your opinion about me''.

''You don't have to!''

''That's a choice I haven't given to myself, see you tomorrow Miss Bates''.

''Good night Mr. Elias'', the call went dead. What was that about she thought. Was this flirting, why was he so bothered to know what she thought of him. When did a woman's opinion matter to him that much. He was just playing with her mind and she sure as hell wouldn't let him, try all he can.

Chapter 7 for you all! What do you think Wilsons intentions are, why now, why before his wedding

Chapter 7 for you all! What do you think Wilsons intentions are, why now, why before his wedding. Will he play or get played? Dont forget to vote, comment and share if you like the chapter💜