CHAPTER 28

''So tell me about Skylar, maybe her personality, what she likes'', Meghan had called Susanne in hope of buying an apt birthday gift for Wilson's mother.

''She's your client sweetie, shouldn't you be knowing better'', Meghan heard Susanne working on her laptop.

''Unless I want to gift her a piece of garment, then no I don't know her that well and besides it's not like she shops here herself, she gets it done via her assistants'', Meghan skimmed through a few fabric pieces as she talked.

''Umm right, she's sweet, grounded, and nothing extravagant, so I wouldn't go for the typical tacky gifts like souvenir's and stuff''

''Ok, does she like something in specific'', Meghan pestered Susanne for more output.

''Other than keeping a track on her son's long list of potential bride's not really. So, a suggestion just be your best self'', Susanne had officially burst into a laughing fit now.

She and Caleb were definitely not unknown to the hush hush romance brewing between the two of them and Susanne never failed to grab an opportunity to tease them.

''Right, will keep that in mind, you've been of great help'', Meghan scolded and hung up.

''Ugh'', Meghan pulled at her hair, still confused what to get.

''Don't tell me you're still hung up on the gift issue'', and by the looks of it she did not have to say anything more.

''Meghan, we have that client expecting her piece in another 2 hours and we're not ready, please stop pondering over the gift, you're giving me chills'', Steve snapped Meghan of her thoughts.

The rest of the day was fairly quick as Meghan tried to get off as much work load as possible so that she could reserve her evening for the party.

''What are you getting Sky then'', Caleb was at a boutique known to customize jewelry, carefully measuring the diamond in his hand.

Wilson shrugged, he hadn't decided that yet, he was not one to buy gifts and definitely not good at  surprises. If someone wanted something he would buy it, no if's no but's but this was too old school for him.

''Don't pressurize me I'm having palpitations already'', he stared straight ahead.

''Please don't tell me we are expecting Charles over, he just cannot create a scene at the party like the last time. You know how Skylar feels about his presence near her'', Caleb was looking closely at what the sales representative had to offer.

''He is inevitable. Especially because it's mother's birthday'', Wilson seemed tired and decided to take a seat on one of the plush chairs opposite the display.

''I've decided mine, look'' Caleb handed over a delicate bracelet, in Italian white gold, with a diamond right in the center, a few trinkets around and another diamond dangling from the central diamond.

''Ok'', Wilson nodded, it was genuinely pretty.

''Are we done'', Wilson glanced at his wrist watch.

''You have somewhere to be'', Caleb asked.

Just as he noticed Wilson attend to his vibrating cell phone.

''Sí Madre, Estaré ahí pronto'', Wilson scrunched his eye brows.

''I really need to get over with this meeting, it's unscheduled, but mother's expecting me a little earlier'', Wilson hung up and informed Caleb, they nodded in understanding and he left.

It was quarter to eight and everyone was already at Wilson's family home. It was more of a beach house. White interiors, everything screaming grandeur, the loud waves clearly ringing through the French windows. The living area was decorated with a Persian rug, a marble center piece and a wooden center table. There was a piano with the lid lifted at one corner and a bar at the other end all in expensive oak wood.

Wilson was the first one to be, he was dressed to relax, blue washed out jeans, black shirt, and leather boots. Everyone was to be dressed casually nothing very fancy. Meghan was in a bright red satin camisole, linen pants and black stilettos, paired with diamond drop earrings and minimal make up.

''Oh, I'm jealous, you always look so well put together'', Susanne was all over Meghan.

''Can't expect anything less from a top of the range designer can we'', Wilson hugged Meghan from behind and she squealed in surprise.

''Of course!'', Susanne smiled at the two of them.

''Where's Skylar'', Caleb looked around the hall.

''She'll be here any moment now'', Wilson smiled. What could he gift his mother when they had everything so upon Susanne's suggestion he had sent his mother for a beach side spa therapy before the party so he had time to look into the arrangements while she was gone.

''Oh querido'', Skylar handed her clutch to the house keeper and pulled Wilson into a hug.

''Fue una agradable sorpresa'', she smiled at everyone around her.

''Mother allow me introduce you to Meghan'', Wilson pointed with his chin to her.

''I know her sweetie, she designs a few pieces for me, so beautiful'', Meghan set a hand forward to greet her but Skylar pulled her in a hug.

''You are growing beautiful everyday niña'', Skylar beamed at Meghan, causing her to blush.

''But tell me what are you doing with this arrogant man here'', Meghan blushed even more.

''Mother if you could stop embarrassing her for a while, she'll be in a better place to reply'', Skylar smiled softly at Meghan and let her go.

The rest of the party was some Spanish folk music, a more than large buffet and easy conversations.

''Wilson has Spanish roots?'', Meghan asked Susanne. She had never really heard him speak it in full flow until today with his mom and he seemed very fluent.

''He was born and brought up there, his father had business connections there, but the family shifted to Seattle soon after'', Susanne sipped white wine as she fed Meghan on more information about him.

''He speaks well'', Meghan nodded.

''He plays well'', Susanne looked at her and smirked.

''What'', Meghan exclaimed not wanting to think dirty, ''I meant the piano silly'', Susanne winked playfully.

Chapter 28 is up and what a celebration it is! Skylar is easily my most favourite character in the book! She is witty, humorous and compassionate, dont we just love having her on board! Dont forget to vote, comment and share if you liked this chap...

Chapter 28 is up and what a celebration it is! Skylar is easily my most favourite character in the book! She is witty, humorous and compassionate, dont we just love having her on board! Dont forget to vote, comment and share if you liked this chapter💜