CHAPTER 14

It had been a week since Wilson had pulled Meghan for a dinner to make up for being a jerk earlier or like he preferred to put it but something about that meeting did not go down well with either of them. Things were going fairly good, they were having a nice meal, he was occasionally stealing glances at her and she too seemed comfortable in his presence. The issue was when he pulled her into a dance, for a moment he thought she was actually enjoying herself but something ticked off and she pulled back. He kept wondering if it had to do something with her or him, where had he gone wrong.

That's the reason he did not do dates, touchy women, conscious situations and abrupt good byes. But he thought Meghan was different and she definitely was, unlike other women he ever had flings with she was confident in her own skin, bold and smart enough to confront him and be equals rather than some subordinate, maybe he went to fast, such a cliff hanger.

''You still avoiding the dinner topic is not going to help, you know that right'', Caleb pulled Wilson out of his thoughts.

''You've been stuck on that same page for a whole hour now'', Caleb rolled his eyes.

''Forget it, she's not my type'', Wilson angrily turned to his laptop.

''You're type as in, can't-get-her-to-bed-type or falling-in-love type'', Caleb mused.

''Stop being an asshole and twisting my words, you know what I mean'', Wilson huffed.

''Maybe she wasn't ready, you went by really fast bruh'', Caleb continued.

''Fast, sweetie that's the slowest I've ever gone, my fast is having a woman on my bed the same night I ask her out'', Wilson slammed the table in frustration.

''Is that what you wanted that night'', Caleb knew some things had to be told out to let Wilson brood on them instead of allowing him to jump to conclusions.

''No'', Wilson was very quick to answer, making Caleb look at him in surprise.

''Whew, you've got it bad for her eh'', he mocked.

Meghan was still not able to wrap her head around the events of that night. Wilson pulled her for dinner, they ate, danced, she treated him like plaque and rushed home.

''Why are you fighting this'', Steve was already asking her this the hundredth time now.

''You know why Steve of all people you should know why'', Meghan glared at him.

''For god sake you're behaving like he proposed you, it was just a dinner'', Steve snapped back.

''Yeah, it was just a dinner, that's how things start, the next step is deciding baby names'', Meghan continued fidgeting with her bracelet.

''What century are you living in, and for once, get the hell over your past'', Steve was in full blown mode now.

''That was just sick of you to mention something like this'', Meghan screamed.

''Get over yourself honey, Seattle's most eligible bachelor is definitely not desperate for wedding bells after a failed one a month ago'', Steve mocked.

''And who ever implied I even got that far'', Meghan protested.

''Considering how you've behaved a week ago, pretty much explained it'', Steve snapped back. Meghan just kept shut this time, knowing it would turn into a full blown fight if she dint give up.

She continued working, though the thought of Wilson kept haunting her. He was definitely an egoistic ass yet she did notice a hint of hurt when she left abruptly that night, not even saying good bye. But she was right, how could she let him close, when she dreaded the consequences.

With the satisfaction of that she let the thought of him slide past through her busy day.

''Hi, you'', Susanne grabbed a chair across Wilson's desk in the cabin as Caleb hopped to his heels to bring her some tea.

''I wasn't expecting a family get to gather this morning'', Wilson addressed her sourly, though the both of them knew he was kidding.

''Oh, please don't look so cross, I'm here for some business'', Susanne quickly retrieved a beige invitation card from her clutch and handed it over to Wilson who looked at it amused.

''I'm officially inviting you to a charity ball I'm hosting as a part of my annual orphanage event'', Susanne successfully ran a chain of help centers for abandoned children and these events meant a lot of publicity and contributions for the children in need.

''Wouldn't miss this for the world'', Wilson smiled softly. Though he was a tough man he always had a soft corner for the under privileged, he was brought up with a golden spoon but there were children out there who genuinely needed care.

''I was expecting the same, which also means I get to steal my husband for a day from you'', Susanne laughed.

''You may'', Wilson winked.

''Who else are we expecting love'', Caleb handed over a mug to Susanne.

''Everyone who has sacks of cash, actors, CEO's, oh not to mention my close, Meghan Bates too'', Susanne smiled.

''You must be knowing her ya, the one who did all your wedding works'', Susanne muttered not wanting to go there.

''Yes, I do'', Wilson shrugged, he hadn't yet told her about Meghan, god knows what would be her reaction.

''Ya, she's pretty active in these sort of events, creating pieces for my children performing at the event and so on'', Susanne stated as a matter of fact.

''Ah ha, that's news, isn't it Willy'', Caleb laughed, Wilson knew what that bastard was doing.

Susanne looked at the two of them confused.

''Whatever you two, stop acting like couples with all that eye contact and sign language, I need to rush, seeya later'', Susanne pecked Wilson and Caleb and left.

''What the fuck Caleb'', Wilson clenched his jaw.

''Whatt, I dint do anything'', Caleb raised his hands in defense. Wilson eventually decided to let Meghan Bates take a backseat in his mind, he had work to do and people to handle. She would have been the center of his world if he did not have to provide 8000 people depending on him for bread and butter on their plates.

Chapter 14 is finally up and I promise you all  that I am going to be more consistent in uploading new chapters for this book! Lemme know in the comment section how you felt about this chapter and dont forget to vote and share💜