CHAPTER 42

It had been an entire week since Wilson had lost Charles to Jacques and what's worser, Jacques was nowhere to be find, he had dissipated in thin air. Wilson had tried to contact Diana several times after that but she too did not know where he had left to.

''Forget what happened, Charles was meant to meet his fate this way one day. You tried your best to save him'', Skylar would say to him but for him it wasn't just about losing his brother it was also about losing a battle with Jacques, the one which he had started by ditching Diana at the altar. He escaped, he shouldn't have and there was nothing he was able to do about it.

Meghan had tried cheering up Wilson by taking a long time off her work at the boutique, she would stay with him, cook him meals, they would watch movies together but nothing seemed to work. She knew he was a dominant and had to have the upper hand at all times, this just made him feel helpless. Wilson was constantly living under the fear of Jacques harming what was left of his family, in fact he had even raised security for his entire family including Caleb and Sussane.

''Please Wilson you are just overthinking this, Jacques knows what threat he is under if he even tries coming close to you'', Caleb had said when he was given two security guards over the one he had already hired.

''He's managed once, whose to say he will not succeed again. The guards be with you and that's an order'', Wilson shut Caleb up.

Wilsons paranoid nature had turned into him having nightmares ever so frequently.

''I am worried about Wilson'', Skylar called up Meghan one morning.

''I am too Sky, nothing seems to be working, but you don't worry we will get past this, you take care'', she said.

Meghan was lying on the bed fidgeting with her cell phone when Wilson entered.

''Who was that'', he asked as he loosened his tie and undid his buttons.

''Sky, she is worried for you. Also I was meaning to say this, I am going back to work'', she sighed knowing it wouldn't go down well with Wilson.

''You what, come again'', he yelled.

''I am going back to work Wilson, I need to, it's not an option anymore, I can't let Steve handle everything right, he is getting over worked'', she tried to rationalize her decision.

''Hell no, and you know why Meghan so just drop the idea'', he sat on the edge of the bed shooting her daggers.

''What no, Wilson I wasn't asking for your permission, I was informing you, I have to work, I have a living to make'', she had to raise her voice, he was being irrational.

''No and no, quit it, you do not have a living to make, you have me for that'', he was screaming again, his knuckles turning white.

''What do you mean I have you Wilson, just listen to yourself. Look I know you are worried about me but believe me I will have some security look over me at all times if that makes you happy'', she explained.

''Why don't you just drop it Meghan. You do not need to work. I am calling Steve right now and telling him you won't be able to make it for another month or so. I need to find Jacques and then you are free to go where ever you want'', she was tired of their world revolving around Jacques now.

''No Wilson please stop this, stop this obsession with Jacques, get over with your brothers death, I know it was difficult but we need to swim back our way to the shore. You are suffocating me, I need some time by myself, for my self while you try to sort your shit out'', this was enough for Wilson to loose his temper.

''What the hell Meghan, is this it, you are leaving me right, you are running away'', he looked at her in angst.

''No, I am not. See this is what I was talking about, you are thinking the worse of everything lately. I just need some space, maybe move back to my apartment, take a breather, get back to work since that's what I love to do, please'', he did not say anything. She sniffed and left the room, watching Wilson feel so helpless was the most difficult thing to do. She packed her bag, her clothes and her laptop.

''Steve I am coming back home, I'll be there at the boutique by tomorrow morning'', she informed.

''Are you serious, everything ok between you and Wilson'', he asked concerned.

''I'll explain everything to you once I'm back'', she hung up.

She took one last glance at their room. Wilson was nowhere to be seen. He might have buried himself in the study like everyday from the past few weeks. She left not wanting to give Wilson another chance to change her mind.

''Ross please take care of him, make sure he eats on time alright'', she instructed him, he sadly nodded and bid her adieu by the foyer.

She drove back to her apartment in her car. It felt good being back after such a long time yet it did not feel anything like before. She felt a sense of emptiness and darkness. She had to breathe and acclimatize for her sakes and his.

The next few days were pretty monotonous, there was a lot of work piled in her boutique and even though Steve had a done a good job at managing things, the space needed her and she it.

''I don't think leaving Wilson like this was a good idea, he needs you the most. Did he call you after you've left'', Steve was ironing a few pieces while Meghan scrolled away on her laptop for orders and stocks.

''He needs to learn to let go Steve and no he hasn't which is fine by me. He can utilize that time to wrap his head around things. He cannot just dive into work himself and leave me feeling anxious and locked down in his penthouse'', she huffed.

She picked up an order from her favorite Chinese restaurant that night and drove back home. She felt some one following her, some one looking over her so she quickly parked her car in the basement and rushed to her apartment. Placing her car keys and the take out on the kitchen counter a small smile played on her lips. She quickly retrieved her cell phone and dialed Caleb.

''The plan's worked''

Chapter 42 is up and love leaving you guys cliff hanging😂What do you think Meghan's upto

Chapter 42 is up and love leaving you guys cliff hanging😂What do you think Meghan's upto. Don't forget to vote, comment and share💜