CHAPTER 20

It had been exactly five days since Wilson had too readily opened up to Meghan and she had definitely not taken it nicely. No one would. What sane person would carry a gun, have crazy ex fiancé daddy issues and still walked around like they owned the world.

''So, she just said, can we leave, that's it'', Caleb pinched his nose. The two of them were playing pool at Wilson's place.

''Seriously I've lost count of how many times you've asked me that same question, so stop'', Wilson leaned to take his shot and missed by an inch to the nearest pocket.

''It's just, why would you even tell her, you know how girls are all touchy about exes'', Caleb scoffed.

''Shut up, she did not give a damn about Diana, it was about me, I'm officially a living embodiment of Satan for her",Wilson barked at Caleb.

''Right, so now what'', Caleb pushed a ball ever so slightly into the pocket and beamed at Wilson.

''Let it go, I was at a lack of judgement that day, shouldn't have gotten into the deep shit'', Wilson did not miss this time.

They played a few more shots and Wilson left to take a quick shower.

''I'm just heading out to the office for a bit'', Wilson was already ready, clean shaved, navy blue suit and a crisp white linen shirt with gold cufflinks to match.

''Sure, I'll head back home too'', Caleb grabbed his jacket from the couch and the two of them left.

Wilson was greeted by his assistant as he entered his cabin. He settled upon reviewing a few files and checked his laptop for news updates. He scrolled through the business section and just a little tempted, he clicked into the entertainment section. An article popped with Meghan's face all over it, sharp cheeks, well defined jaw bone and those eyes, those eyes that could see through almost everything. It was an article on her latest collection, a few more scrolls and he wondered if she would want to see him again.

Grimly determined he left his office and walked into a near-by Starbuck's.

''Two cappuccinos please, hold the sugar'', He ordered, ignoring the waitress who was ogling him.

Like a man on a mission he grabbed the two cups of coffee he placed them in the cup holder of his car and drove to Meghan's Boutique. It was a weekend so she might not be at the shop but it was a chance he was willing to take.

The shutter was pulled up, though the lighting was dim, he entered knowing it would alert her of some one's presence because of the bell chime. There was no one to be seen so he moved towards the cabin and opened it slightly, there she was her eyes boring into her sketch book, oblivious to his presence.

He knocked at the door and she squealed.

''It's me'', he entered.

''What are you doing here, it's my day off'', Meghan looked at him, her expressions giving nothing away.

''I was just passing by, so I thought I would pull by your place, coffee'', Wilson placed a cup on her desk.

''Why are you here Wilson'', she sighed.

Her first inclination was to throw him out but she also wanted him to stay, so she let him.

The two of them sipped their coffee in silence.

''I want to take you on a date'', Wilson blurted, and Meghan choked on her coffee.

''What'', she thought she heard something from D.

''Date, with you'', Wilson was scanning her eyes for an answer.

''Are you insane, it's been five days, five whole days since you've told me about your ex and now you want me to go on a date with you'', Meghan scowled at Wilson.

''So temme what the issue is, is it Diana'', Wilson asked genuinely trying to figure out.

''No, you dick head, it's you black mailing her with her nudes for a hostile take-over of her dad's business and a gun latched to your belt wherever you go'', Meghan snapped.

''Mind your tone, and it was all professional, I'm not going to go around leaking those pictures, they're security'', Wilson tried to rationalize his actions.

''And the gun'', she narrowed her eyes.

''Mi amor, you have any idea of the men I deal with in my business. It's an open arena, one slip and I could put myself into a high risk of losing everything I've worked for. This gun is my get out of jail card'', he explained as calmly as he could not wanting to scare her off again.

''Does Caleb carry one'', she asked curiously.

''Yes''

''Really, and what about all the women you've slept with, what would you call that'', Meghan wanted to slap some sense into his thick skull.

''Tabloids have all my flings covered, rather broadly'', Wilson smirked.

''Eww, just eww, you don't get the problem do you'', Meghan did not know what more to say. He was frustrating, crazy, she wanted to push him away but pull him closer too. She noticed Wilson staring at her, like a boy lost in an unknown sea of crowd. That was his problem, lack of empathy.
She couldn't resist anymore, dashing towards him, she took his cup and placed it on the desk, taking him by surprise, she grabbed his collar, pulled him up and towards her. Straddling herself on his lap she placed her lips on his. Damn he would be lying if he wasnt taken aback by her promptness, but her lips moulded so perfectly with his, soft and indulgent, what he would give to bite her lip hard and mark her his but this was good, slow was good. She tugged at his hair pulling him closer and as a cue he deepened the kiss coaxing her mouth open with his. He took in all she had to offer, and when he let his tongue explore her mouth she moaned and tugged a little harder on his hair as firecrackers exploded like the fourth of July leaving her wanting for more. She pulled away to catch her breath. It took a moment for her to realize what she just did.

''Shit'', was all she could manage. She grabbed his hands, pulled him out of the cabin and dragged him outside the boutique. Wilson just couldn't control his smile.

''Get out'', she failed to keep her face straight.

''Sure, but the date'', Wilson laughed.

''Text me time, date, place'', Meghan pulled the driver's side open for Wilson and pushed him in the car.

''Leave'', was all Meghan could manage still catching her breath. Wilson winked at her and drove away. What was she thinking, they were amidst an argument, she kissed him, what was that.

Meghan felt it was best not to analyze the situation, she had screwed up and given into Wilsons irrational demand. It was fine, she could always back off, she couldn't afford to lose control like this again. She huffed, exasperated returning to her place and sprawling on her bed. There was a buzz on her cell phone, a text from Wilson.

10 am

Tomorrow, I'll pick you up

Arrogant bastard, she whispered to herself.

Chapter 20 is up and I'm so excited to write the date chapter for you all, its so not going to be the usual so wait for that! Also dont forget to vote, comment and share this chapter💜