CHAPTER 15

Meghan was sketching a few dresses when she thought of texting Wilson, she owed him an apology. She had her own reasons, something she would never be in a position to share with Wilson, so a text would have to do for now. She was scared what he would think of her. Was she just another notch on his bedpost or was he genuinely pursuing her, whatever it was, she could not lead him on anymore.

I'm sorry for last week.

I never got a chance to say thank you for the dinner.

-Meghan

''Oh so now you're trying to be all nice'', Steve popped the cherry.

''At least I'm trying'', she scoffed. Steve was still hung up on their argument and Meghan had just decided to give him space, especially with the charity event in line, she had no time for distractions.

''You think Wilson is going to attend the event too'', Steve asked curiously.

''Maybe'', Meghan shrugged but she knew he would, he was close to Susanne and Caleb.

Wilson was pacing around his cabin when a ping on his cell phone distracted his mind.

It was a message from Meghan, he quickly read it but decided to not respond. She was the one who had acted recklessly, and besides he couldn't let a woman distract him so much. She was just doing it out of courtesy, if it genuinely meant something it wouldn't take her a week. Just because he was trying did not mean he was a charity case.

''You're not going to reply'', Caleb spookily asked Wilson.

''No'', Wilson glared at Caleb challenging to comment anything further.

He had a meeting in a few hours so he called for his secretary.

''Lisa, set up the projector and water bottles for the delegates'', he ordered.

He quickly retrieved his phone and made a call.

''Hi princess, just wanted to know if you're free today, you could drop by, yes, my place, yeah'', Wilson cut the call satisfied.

''Eww, you don't need to prove your point by raising Prim's hopes, that's just sick'', Caleb muttered disgustingly.

''I'm not hung up, I'm not proving a point''

''Oh so how often do you call your one night flings, princess'', Caleb raised his voice.

''Why don't you concentrate on our meeting, would do some good rather than poking your nose in my matters, and when did who I fuck on a weekday matter to you so much anyways'', Wilson growled.

''Whenever you started calling your weekday flings princess, stop being so difficult'', Caleb left the cabin hurt.

The only person who could get under his skin was Caleb and now Meghan. He decided not to go there. Considering how he screwed up his conversation with Caleb, the meeting would not go so smoothly. He stared at the message from Meghan and cursed under his breath.

'Stop whatever you're doing to me, you don't matter'

Meghan checked her phone the hundredth time, waiting for a message maybe from Wilson.

''Really and now you're expecting him to text you back like a puppy. Way to go girl'', Steve smirked, enjoying the restlessness.

''Shut up, I'm not, I was just checking if we have a delivery for the fabrics ordered''

''Oh so now you're lying to my face, nice'', Steve seemed genuinely hurt.

Before Meghan could genuinely apologize, there was a knock on her cabin door.

''Come in'', she beamed when she saw who had decided to pop in.

''Hi love, just wanted to check on the progress for the costumes if you don't mind'', Susanne plopped on one of the plush chairs beside the window.

''Of course not, Steve get the bag from the store room'', Meghan directed.

''So how are the arrangements going'', Meghan asked genuinely interested.

''Well not bad but really hectic, you know how these things work yeah, invites, venue, catering and the list seems endless plus Caleb has been really busy lately, you know with Willy'', Susanne muttered.

''I understand, they seem pretty close'', Meghan smiled remembering how Caleb never left Wilsons side during the wedding.

''Oh they are like a married old couple, forget it'', Susanne gasped at the bags being bought in the cabin by Steve and few other assistants.

''Wow that was fast'', Susanne laughed.

By the time the two of them finished reviewing all the pieces it was almost late evening and Susanne shockingly glanced at her watch.

''No wonder I feel famished, Meghan is there any chance you have a nice eatery close by'', Meghan smiled as she heard Susanne's stomach grumble.

''Yeah, there's a Chinese restaurant 3 shops away, nothing fancy but doable'', Meghan informed.

''Cool let's go'', Susanne pulled Meghan from her chair.

''What, why me'', Meghan squeaked.

''Yeah, obviously, what leave you here sinking into the workload with me enjoying dinner, na uh let's go'', Susanne was already taking long strides out the door and Meghan quickly caught up. As expected, the restaurant wasn't much but the food was good.

Susanne's cell phone buzzed as they were ordering,'' Yes sweetie, yeah sure, some Chinese restaurant, yeah, yep I can wait'', she spoke.

''Hey you don't mind yeah, Caleb is joining us too'', Susanne looked at Meghan.

''No of course not'', Meghan nodded.

''So tell me what's going on between the two of you'', Susanne smiled knowingly.

''What do you mean'', Meghan looked away not wanting to delve into this conversation further but then she genuinely wanted someone to hear her out. Steve was her best man but he had been too judgemental these past few days. She wanted someone who could listen to her without jumping to conclusions and not pushing her to move out of her comfort zone.

''We met like for dinner, just that'', she said truthfully to which Susanne seemed genuinely impressed.

''You know right Wilson doesn't do dates. But then you are totally an exception. So, you like him'', she asked.

''Umm no, we just started on a wrong note you know, he was just making up for it'', she replied not liking where this talk was heading too.

''Try harder'', Susanne laughed causing Meghan to smile, she was glad Susanne did not push it further, she did not want to lie and besides she was in a tangled mess herself and so the duo waited for Caleb and enjoyed their mojito with some tabloid gossip.

Yayy chapter 15 is up! Also do you guys like how Susanne and Meghans friendship is shaping up??!! Would you like to see more of it or let Steve be her sole wingman?! Lemme know in the comments below and dont forget to vote and share💜