CHAPTER 23

For a moment it felt like the world stopped at her feet, she couldn't believe what she had just heard, please let it not be true, please let it be a mistake, he must be joking, he has to. Oh Wilson what have you done was all she could think of.

''No'', Meghan took a step back just as Wilson took a step towards her.

''What'', Wilson looked at her confused.

''No, you can't'', Meghan screamed.

''That's not for you to decide'', Wilson snapped.

''You can't just come to my house like this and say something like that'', Meghan snapped back wiping her tears with the back of her hands.

''What's wrong with you, why are you pushing this'', Wilson glared not wanting to argue.

''I'm not, you just did, a date and a dinner and you assume it's it. This is the exact reason why I dint want anything to do with you in the first place.'', Meghan was breathing heavily.

''Really, that's all this was to you, god just listen to your self'', Wilson pulled her out of the balcony, the chill was not helping and now they were clearly audible across the hall.

''I could say the same to you Wilson, what do you think you're implying'', Meghan was screaming, her voice harsher.

''That I like you dammit, what part of it was so difficult to crack'', Wilson pinched his nose trying to control his anger.

''This is not happening Wilson'', Meghan protested, with him or herself she did not understand.

''Why not, what is it, is it someone else, do you like someone else huh'', Wilson was seething with fury. Momentarily he heard the conversation in the hall stop too, maybe they were listening too but he did not care.

''The fuck no, and besides I'm not like you, sleeping with other woman while being engaged'', Meghan snapped, slightly feeling guilty, but pushing that thought away.

''How dare you. Meghan just because we are not on the same page does not give you the right to pick my shit up and smudge it on my face.'', Wilson growled, shattering the remaining silence into pieces.

''What gave you the impression you would say this to me and then what get away with it. This is your thing isn't it, objectifying women, I must be one of your pet projects, oh she's hot but oh wait she isn't falling for me so let's try the old school way with her, right now she's emotionally hooked so time for the finale right!'', Meghan continued.

''I was expecting anything but this'', Wilson waved around them.

''I don't want this conversation, leave'', she turned away from him.

''What'', Wilson followed Meghan who was now stomping towards the hall for the door. All eyes were glued to the two of them.

Wilson roughly grabbed Meghan by her arm, swung her so she faced him and was about to pull her face to kiss but she quickly picked a glass of wine from the table and splashed it over Wilson, his white shirt now coloured pink and his eyes blazing with something much more dark and dangerous.

''Don't you dare touch me Mr. Elias'', Meghan whispered. Everyone gaped in shock as Wilson quickly grabbed his car keys to leave and slammed the door behind him. Caleb quickly walked behind him, not wanting him to end up doing something stupid. Susanne sadly nodded and left too. Steve decided to stay. As soon as they heard the elevator ding, Meghan dropped to her knees and sobbed loudly. Steve quickly collected her in his arms and cooed until she stopped sobbing, wiping her cheeks with the back of his hands.

''I messed it up, I messed everything up. I have hurt him so bad Steve, the things I've said'', Meghan whispered into Steve's ears.

''No you dint sweety, please don't cry, you dint'', Steve reassured.

''No, I knew this was coming, I led him on, god how could I'', Meghan sobbed.

Steve wanted to scream at Meghan telling her to move on, but he knew that would just worsen the matter right now so he shut it.

''How could he be so stupid, one date and that was it for him'', Meghan continued ranting.

''Meghan, you can't blame him can you, you did rather over react'', Steve sighed.

''No, I dint'', Meghan protested.

Steve dint want to fight. He lifted her by her arms and helped her to the room.

''What the hell happened'', Caleb dragged his hands across his hair. He had signalled Susanne to leave and they were now at Wilson's penthouse.

Wilson grabbed a crystal vase from the entrance and crashed it across the floor. Ross jumped at the sight and quickly took a few steps back.

Caleb let him, knowing this is the only way he would vent out his anger, empty himself.

''The date, the coffee, the dinner, it meant fucking nothing to her. She had the audacity to pull my shit to her use. The audacity to lie to my face'', Wilson had figured Meghan was hiding something from him, what he din't know. He knew the look in her eyes when they dived was different, magical even, it couldn't have been a lie, it cant.

''Not that I was going to fucking propose her'', Wilson banged his fists on a table.

''Maybe it was too fast Wilson, give her a chance'', Caleb tried rationalising the situation.

''So, she can step her foot on me like a desperate piece of shit, never'', Wilson screamed.

''Please give her some time'', Caleb tried in vain.

When Wilson faced Caleb, he choked on his saliva. His eyes had turned into how they used to be before. Cold, dangerous, emotionless, dark and sinister. That's when Caleb realised, that the man he thought he had retrieved through Meghan had slipped. Wilson was back being the cold hearted, selfish bastard he once was. Caleb took a step back and quickly searched for Ross, directing him to clear the entrance. He noticed Wilson fill a glass with whiskey, swirling it between his skill full fingers not diverting his attention to anything around him.

''Can you not'', Caleb looked at the glass in dismay.

''Shut the fuck up, no one gets to tell me what I need to and don't anymore. Enough'', he chugged the drink in one go.

Caleb sighed and left the place, not able to breathe anymore clearly.

It was midnight and Wilson had changed into his sweatpants, leaving his torso bare, he stiffly laid on the bed.

It was over, whatever even slightly started was over. She never existed. He would not let some woman get to his head when he had an empire to run. He finally fell into a fitful sleep.

Meghan grabbed her warm comforter that failed to keep her from going cold on the bed. She had said Steve to go home, not wanting him to stay back and feel bad about her. Sympathy was the last thing she needed right now. Her life since the day she had met Wilson was like a domino, one tip and it would all fall apart. Though she never knew this would all happen so soon, she smiled at herself disgustingly. What else was she expecting, her stupidity had wrecked two hearts today.

 What else was she expecting, her stupidity had wrecked two hearts today

Chapter 23 is up! Imma already in tears. Believe me when I say Meghan did not mean all that she said🥺 Also if you liked my work so far dont forget to vote, comment and share💜