CHAPTER 29

''They've been a wonderful family of four. Skylar has brought her son up well', Susanne informed.

Meghan seemed confused at Susanne's mention of four. She did not know Wilson had a sibling.

''Four'', she questioned.

''It's a hush hush topic at Skylar's place but yes, she has another son too from another man. Romano Elias was Skylar's second husband. Her first marriage was with her childhood sweetheart. She married young and conceived Charles. Wilson is Romano's child though. I can't say more and I think she wouldn't mind you telling herself too. But long story short, Charles is a snob. He's had a hard time standing up on his feet and his presence is unwelcomed here. He keeps pestering Wilson to invest in his businesses and mind you he has, but Charles is too irresponsible to even fit in Wilson's shoes'', Susanne whispered not wanting anyone else to over hear the conversation.

Meghan walked around the hall with Susanne as she introduced some family members to her.

Wilson's uncle Brandon piqued her interest. He was a short and stout man but he gracefully carried a French beard on his blush red face. He was into textiles too and their conversation moved onto her work and his developing business. He was a really jovial man and Meghan seemed to like him immediately.

''Uncle Brandon, if you may, I would like to have my date back'', Wilson wrapped his hand around the small of her back.

''Of course Willy, have I told you she's a catch'', Brandon winked at him in approval.

''Jealous are we'', Meghan traced her fingers along his lips.

''That's one thing I'm in the process of discovering about myself'', Wilson was quick to bite her finger along his lip causing her to narrow her eyes at him.

''You never told me about Charles'', she scanned his eyes for disapproval.

''Never really occurred to me and besides he's not a very palatable topic Meghan'', he replied honestly.

Just when Wilson was to take Meghan around the house to show her his room, Charles made a rather pompous entry into the house. As soon as he stepped in, the crowd silenced down and all eyes turned to him in anticipation.

He stepped forward looking precariously at Wilson who at this point chose to ignore him completely.

''Why, it's my Madre's birthday and I am not even invited'', he slurred indicating he was definitely high on booze.

''Wilson, the obedient little lola of his Madre, dint you feel the need to ring me up for this'', he waved around the place. Skylar was quick to face him. She placed her drink on a nearby mantel and stepped closer to him.

''You should be ashamed of yourself, coming drunk to your mother's home, is that what I've managed to teach you, this disrespectful Charles'', she looked at him disgustingly.

''How would I know mother mine, because all that you've managed to teach me is how better at everything my younger brother is than me'', he spat not caring about the crowd that was staring at him right now.

''Charles, behave yourself. And why wouldn't I flaunt my son to you, look what he's achieved. You two had the same resources and facilities and look what you made out of it'', she broke down.

''Of course, except the fact that I'm your illegitimate son'', he was under no sense. Skylar stepped back not able to take the blow from her own son.

Wilson and Caleb were quick to jump at her side, Wilson pushed Charles behind.

''People are looking you bastard, have you no respect for the mother that brought you up or is it that you have lost basic manners while boozing away'', he screamed. For a moment Charles did not say anything but he was hardly ashamed.

''I've had enough of you embarrassing us Charles, we can talk this out like civil people when in private or I can call the cops to end this right now'', Skylar whispered.

''I can leave myself thank you, consider my birthday gift to you pending'', he glared at Wilson one last time and left via the main door. Everyone went back to normal as if nothing had ever happened. It seemed like this was a regular here. Meghan thought it would be right to go comfort Skylar right now, as Wilson and Caleb were no-where to be seen.

''Skylar, I hope you are alright'', she caught hold of her hands in her own and pressed them warmly.

''I apologise for the drama, he wasn't meant to be here. He wasn't even invited in the first place'', she mumbled not able to look at Meghan in the eye.

''Sky, I understand please don't be sorry. I'm here to talk if you need me'', she got up with her hand on Skylar's shoulder.

''Sit down, querida'', Skylar patted to a seat beside her.

''I met Charles father when I was in high school. I was totally smitten. You know how it is falling head over heels for your first love. He was my forever, but fate had something else in mind. A little after I had Charles, he passed away, it was a hit and run by the forest road. I had lost all hopes until I met Romano at a business firm I assisted at. We instantly hit it off and there was no looking back after that. He loved Charles more than his life, even decided against having our own child, thinking it would distract him from Charles. Wilson was a tryst in the moment for us. I don't know where we went wrong Meghan'', she was in tears.

''That's the deal Sky, you weren't, it's just how an individual decides to take his life to, in a particular way and if it isn't the best for him, no ones to blame, its they who should mould themselves to be a better person. You did all that you could, believe me. I'm saying this as I see Wilson, look what he's become, you should be nothing but a proud mother'', she looked at her sympathetically.

''Wilson scares me Meghan, he is reckless and fierce. But let me tell you he's definitely found a keeper. Do you love him querida'', Meghan seemed flustered, turning beetroot red, not knowing what to say.

''I apologise, I shouldn't have embarrassed you this way'', Skylar blushed too.

''It's nothing really, we are just getting to know each other, he can be a tad bit overbearing you know'', she looked at Wilson who was chatting away with a few family friends. For a moment their eyes met, he smiled at her lovingly and she turned her attention back to Skylar.

''Oh honey, I know. Whatever it is I know you will make an honest man of him'', she laughed regaining her previous mood back.

All eyes turned towards Wilson who sat on the piano bench gracefully, his fingers creating magic with the keys, as he played a soulful piece by Alfred Brendel, upping the atmosphere of the entire room.

Chapter 29 is up. Oh what are we going to do about you Charles! Intrigued by the new character in the book? Stay tuned to find out more and dont forget to vote, comment and share💜