CHAPTER 17

Weekend mornings were generally to be spent working out and skimming through a few files, but today was the charity event and Caleb had already set a reminder to get ready and be on time.

''You know this is the 6th time you are calling me, I don't have Alzheimer's, I'm getting ready'', Wilson snapped.

''Whatever, just be on time, Susanne is chewing my brains off'', Wilson figured Caleb rolling his eyes.

''Sure thing'', Wilson propped himself on a bar stool for breakfast, feasting into a bowl of oat meal and sausages laid on his plate.

''Sir, I've got your outfit laundered for today's event'', Ross added.

''Alright'', Wilson nodded.

Wilson quickly made his way to the room to get dressed, when he realized Meghan would be attending the event too. He debated for a moment whether after yesterday's event if things would be awkward though he decided upon giving it a try.

''Meghan'', Wilson carefully measured her response and smiled when she breathed steadily

''Hi, Wilson'', she was genuinely glad he had rung her up.

''I was just wondering, how about I picked you up for Susanne's event, you know going together'', Wilson had never been so nervous asking a lady out, but then again who was to kid, this was Meghan he was talking about.

A soft giggle escaped Meghan's lips as she deciphered how Wilson was treading so carefully,

''Of course, I wouldn't mind that, but I would like to do it the other way'', Meghan challenged Wilson.

''You mean you want to pick me up'', Wilson confirmed.

''Yeah, I'll drive to your place, pick you up and we can go'', Meghan continued.

''Umm I'', Wilson pulled his hands through his hair trying to figure out what this woman was doing to him.

''Okay, deal, I'll be ready in an hour, see you at my place'', and with that, Wilson cut the call.

''Steve I'm going for the golden gown, You're sure it's looking fine right'', Meghan lifted a beige piece out from her wardrobe.

''Love it's perfect'', Steve nodded in agreement.

In a couple of minutes Meghan was out of her apartment completely dressed. The strappy golden gown, had a shimmery corset and flowy bottom, her long waves fell gracefully by her shoulders, with nude make up and golden stilettos, she quickly scrambled in the car and turned on the GPS, it was the first time she was visiting Wilson's place and that instantly brought a tint of blush to her cheeks.

It was a 30 minutes drive from her place, she parked the car by a side lane and retrieved her cell phone to give Wilson a call, but just as she was to do that she felt a hand wrap around her waist and pulled her closer. By now she was attuned to Wilsons presence, his warmth and his scent was something she had memorized.

''Miss, we are going to get late if you remain distracted'', Wilson turned her to face him and smiled gracefully.

Meghan bowed in courtesy and opened the passenger door for Wilson as he rolled his eyes.

''I don't like to be driven'', Wilson had his mouth set in a hard line not believing what he was allowing Meghan to pull off.

''Too late, I've already convinced you'', Meghan teased as they made their way into the traffic.

Susanne and Caleb were already waiting at the entrance greeting a few guests when they spotted Meghan's car by the aisle.

''What the'', was all Caleb could manage as he saw Meghan get off her driver's seat and Wilson by her side definitely not impressed.

''She drove you here'', Caleb was already clenching his stomach with the unstoppable laughter.

Ignoring his comment Wilson quickly pulled Meghan by his side when a paparazzi called out to him for a snap.

''Like I had an option'', Wilson mentioned rather sourly.

''She has you wrapped around her little finger, dear friend of mine'', Caleb laughed shaking his head in mock disapproval.

''I'm so glad you could come'', Susanne pulled Meghan into a hug and kissed Wilson on his cheek.

''I should warn you'', before Caleb could complete his sentence, Jacques made his way to the two of them with Diana by his side.

''Did not imagine meeting you in such happy circumstances again'', Jacques icily whispered just for the three of them.

''My, my who do we have here'', Jacques spotted Meghan beside Wilson.

''Let me introduce myself, Jacques Rodriquez'', Jacques put forward his hand for a greeting.

''Meghan Bates'', Meghan nodded.

''So you are his flavor for the month is it'', Jacques smirked and Meghan's face turned beetroot red.

''Actually no, I'm baby sitting'', she smiled not letting it reach her eyes. For a moment both the men were taken aback but Wilson was quick to intrude.

''Mind your business Jacques, she's none of your concern'', Wilson seethed through his teeth.

''Really, after all that you've done with Diana, how can I, in fact just the opposite. Everything you do concerns me'', Jacques was still staring at Meghan who was now not paying attention to him.

''Let's not start this here, it's a charity event not a war zone'', Caleb glared at the both of them. Wilson roughly pulled Meghan by his side and drifted away.

''What are you doing, there's press here'', Meghan scoffed not enjoying Wilson pulling her that close. One stupid move and they would be on the front pages of the tabloid tomorrow for nothing.

''Ex daddy issues'', Meghan looked back at Wilson.

''Uh huh'', Wilson nodded in a clipped tone.

''Hey ease up, it's fine let's just enjoy the event'', she smiled at him trying to lighten the mood.

''Baby sitting are you'', he smiled back gorgeously leaving Meghan in a daze.

''Of course, I am definitely not your arm candy for the event Mr. Elias'', she pouted.

''Most certainly you are not mi amor, but did I mention how ravishing you look today'', he smiled at her his eyes twinkling from the confession.

''You look like a meal yourself Mr. Elias'', she tiptoed to peck his cheek.

Chapter 17 is up and with this I sign off for the week! I love how Meghan steps up to Wilson instead of getting intimidated! What about you all?? Dont forget to vote, comment and share💜