CHAPTER 12

''We don't have much do we, for today'', Meghan scrolled through her list of clients scheduled today.

''No not really, though, we're expecting Mrs. Carter at 11 today, she wanted to re design her wardrobe for winter'', Steve laughed. Mrs. Carter was one of Meghan's regular customers, a little fussy but extremely sweet. She would always rely on Meghan's ideas and get her wardrobe done every season. Like they say, rich people, richer interests. Having her at the boutique would mean almost an entire day gone helping her settle on some good collection.

''Alright, thanks'', Meghan continued to look at her laptop.

It was going to be a tough day ahead, Wilson got into his joggers, a grey t-shirt and put on his running shoes. A quick run by the sea side would help him clear his mind for the day. He played some upbeat music on his air pods and sweated his way through the running track. It was after an hour of exhausting himself out did he feel ready for the day.

Wilson had just entered his penthouse after the run,'' Ross a cup of tea please, I have to leave a little earlier today so get my driver ready in the basement'', Wilson rushed for a shower.

He was dressed in a navy-blue shirt, black suit pants and his coat resting on the dining chair as he sipped on some tea.

''Sir, the driver is waiting by the entrance'', Ross informed.

'' You're going to be here by when, I'm having an issue with a contract'', Caleb inquired as Wilson was on his way to the entrance.

''In a few, I have some work before that, I should be there in another 2 hours or so'', Wilson got into the car.

''Work?'', Caleb pinched his nose, Wilson hadn't responded.

''Ok, say hi to Meghan'', Caleb quickly cut the call not wanting to hear swear words so early in the morning.

''Where to sir'', the driver asked.

''Meghan's Boutique'', Wilson had been trying Meghan's cell phone, but it was switched off. Was she avoiding him, or was she in some trouble, was all that he could think of.

''So Mrs. Carter, what exactly do you have in mind for your winter collection'', Meghan was already sketching a few ideas on a note pad.

''I would like some blues and whites for subtle evening dinner events and may be..'', just as Mrs. Carter was speaking, Wilson barged in, unannounced.

''What the hell, I'm with a client'', Meghan sternly looked at him.

''She can wait, Mam if you can excuse us'', Wilson looked at Mrs. Carter who was greedily checking him out.

''Uh yes, yes why not'', she hurried out of the cabin.

''You are sick, why would you do this, you could have called'', Meghan scowled at Wilson.

''I did'', Wilson replied dryly. Meghan retrieved her cell from the desk drawer and it was switched off. Wilson arrogantly looked at her, satisfied.

''Oh don't boost your ego, this is also your fault'', she snapped.

''Why is that'', he snickered.

''The press wants to know how available you are at the moment'', Meghan smirked.

''The paparazzi needs to get a grip, I'll deal with them later. I had come here for this'', Wilson retrieved his check book from the coat pocket.

''Nice, does everyone get the pleasure of your personal presence during such payments'', Meghan asked sarcastically.

Wilson ignored her comment and wrote her a check.

''Here, I guess that's your money. Look I think we started on a wrong note. Dinner, 8 am, I'll pick you up'', Wilson checked his watch.

For a moment Meghan was taken aback by Wilsons bluntness but she decided to turn the tables at him, getting up from her seat sensuously she leaned towards Wilson. his breathing was ragged, he clenched his fists not wanting to loose control, mission accomplished, she placed her lips close to his ears and whispered,

''You can't order me around and no I've clients today'', she smiled with victory as Wilson groaned in frustration, she quickly moved towards the door opening it for Wilson as he gave her a death glare.

''You know you can try asking nicely'', she smirked.

He left in the car to meet Jacques, it was going to be a very challenging day. He tried to summarize what happened a few minutes ago at the boutique.

He made Meghan a personal payment, asked her out, was refused all of which had never happened before. Why are they always having a face off he wondered. They could never have a remotely normal conversation ever, owing to Meghan's sassy attitude he was always cautious, worried she would chop his balls off for one silly mistake.

''You're late, something kept you busy'', Caleb handed over some files to Wilson as he entered his cabin.

''What exactly does asking nicely mean'', Wilson skimmed through the bunch of folders on his desk.

Caleb looked up to him for a moment and laughed.

''Jesus Christ, send her a bouquet and a hand written card, be polite'', Caleb realized Wilson was talking about Meghan.

It was 3 am and Wilson and Caleb were already at Jacques office. There was tight security at the front of his office building. He had been thorough this time. A man in black leather uniform had Caleb and Wilson checked for any weapons, guns or otherwise. Only when he was satisfied did he give them a clean chit and escorted them to the elevator. Another body guard was placed at the entrance of the office, if anything it made Wilson proud. He was glad he had this sort of hold on Jacques. Served him right anyways.

''Wilson'', Jacques barked.

''Jacques, I think we should get straight to business'', Wilson avoided Diana.

''Why would you do such a thing Wilson, you would have had the shares anyway, we were getting married for god's sake'', Diana screamed. Wilson really did not want to explain himself after all this drama but he did anyway. She at least should have the opportunity to get off the high horse he thought.

''Number 1, I never had feelings for you, I don't do relationships sweetie and number 2, I despise those who pretend to be a saint yet cheat on me '', Wilson replied icily.

''Oh right, so it's okay for you to go to pubs and sleep while being engaged to me huh'', she screamed not backing down.

''Like I said it was a game, I never really owed you my loyalty'', he smirked.

''Here are the papers of the contract'', Jacques passed a few pages towards Wilson.

''I'll get these through my lawyer and sign them then, have a good day'', Wilson and Caleb left the cabin.

''That was odd'', Caleb looked confused.

''What was?''

''Why dint he create a scene'', Caleb continued. Wilson did not reply, he knew Jacques wouldn't let go of this matter so easily, Wilson just needed to stay one step ahead in whatever game he would play.

 Wilson did not reply, he knew Jacques wouldn't let go of this matter so easily, Wilson just needed to stay one step ahead in whatever game he would play

Chapter 13 is up! What do you think Jacques is up to. Dont forget to vote, comment and share💜