CHAPTER 41

They were in the car with additional security following them in disguise. Wilson was finding it difficult to hold back anymore. He cursed a few swear words and tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

''Let it go Wilson, building it in is not going to help right now'', Caleb placed a hand on Wilson's shoulder trying to relax him.

''My own brother, Caleb, my brother would do something like this for what. To prove that he is better than me, to prove that he is worth my attention. He has stooped so low, to leak my ex fiancé's pictures. He dint even think about mother. She would be devastated when she comes to know about this scandal. God forbid, if he had to do anything with Clara and Meghan how am I going to ever face her.'', he wanted to tear his hair out, to cry and scream.

''We don't know that yet Wilson. What are we going to do anyways when we see him'', Caleb asked cautiously, afraid of what Wilson had to say.

''I need to know why, from his own mouth. I want him to pay for what he has done. If he thinks he can escape with his crap just because he is my brother, he needs to understand that's not the case'', Wilson looked straight ahead, concentrating on the road. Grey had emailed Wilson, Charles where abouts. He was hiding at a shady motel, like the ass hole he was.

''Look, I'm just trying to say, think twice about Skylar before you do anything stupid'', he sighed not knowing what more to say.

They were parked in front of the motel, scanning the streets and the entrance for anything unusual. When they felt they were in clear, the two of them jumped out of the car and ducked into the motel signalling the guards to stay where they are.

He was expected to be in a room on the 3rd floor to the left corner of the motel. Wilson knocked on the door. There was no response. He waited for a few and knocked again. No response.

They broke the door open to find Charles lounging on the couch with a drink in his hand. The room smelled of cheap liquor and cigarette smoke. Caleb coughed as they entered the room, the smoke suffocating them. He closed the door behind him not wanting to create a scene on the floor.

Meghan was taking in some fresh air in the balcony when there was a call on her phone. It was Skylar. She instantly felt a surge of emotions gripping her. What would she say, it was all her fault, Skylar could have lost her son.

''Meghan dear, I am hoping you are fine, how is Wilson, he isn't picking up my call'', Skylar seemed worried.

''Sky, I'm fine, Wilson, well he is fine now, he is just sleeping, the pills can do that to you, you know'', she lied.

''Querida, there is no need to lie. I know he isn't there with you. What's going on, please tell me. My mind is running away to dark places and I'm not liking it'', she whispered.

''Please don't worry about Wilson, he's gained consciousness and he's fine, trust me on that'', she assured her.

''Then where is he'', she had to tell Skylar.

''We think Charles has something to do with it all Sky, he was the one who leaked Diana's photos in the press. We suspect my aunt wasn't alone in all of this.'', she tried to maintain her cool.

''No, tell me it's a lie, please amor, this cant be. He wouldn't harm his own brother. My god I should have known this was coming. Charles had been so rebellious from the past couple of months'', she was in tears now.

''Please don't cry. I should be the one to apologize. My aunt put Wilson in this mess in the first place. I'm the one to be blamed'', she clutched her phone tighter.

''No amor, never. You can have no control over how people close to you behave. I've said this to myself time and again when it comes to Charles. I and Romano did all we could, to give him the life he deserved but he wasted that opportunity and look where it's got him now. I'm just praying Wilson doesn't do anything stupid''.

''Of course not Sky, Caleb's with him too, it's going to be fine. Look why don't you come over, I think we should stay together for a bit'', Skylar agreed willingly and hung up.

''You bastard, you've kept us on our heels since I don't know when and you're here smoking away'', Wilson grabbed Charles by his collar.

''Dear brother mine, I was expecting you sooner. Seems like all this love and hearts and flowers has gotten you slow. Are you sure you're going to survive the market'', he smirked.

''Don't force my hand Charles, you know I can have you killed in a blink and no one would even give a fuck about what I've done'', he barked.

''I doubt that, what would mother say Wilson. She would never forgive you, so back off'', he warned him.

''That's what's holding me back from so long but not anymore'', he looked towards Caleb who pulled out a gun from his suit jacket pointing it directly at Charles.

''I don't have to dirty my hands with my brother's blood Charles'', he smiled coldly.

''You wouldn't'', he took a step back.

''Of course I would and I will, so unless you have something worthwhile to say in your defense I would suggest you make a last wish you prick'', he stepped forward tightening his grip around the collar.

''It wasn't only me, the photos and Clara, I was being helped'', he sat back on the couch.

''Who is playing you all then'', right when Charles was to confess the door to the motel room opened and all of them looked at it.

''And the curtain rises'', Jacques turned around and took a step forward.

''Surprised'', he continued.

''No. I wasn't expecting you to do that to your daughter though, but then you're you so. The texts and this, it was all you then, why go through so much when you could talk your issues out'', Caleb realized Wilson was buying time for him to act so he quickly pressed the trigger to alert his men outside.

''You arrogant piece of shit, I wanted you to realize that you're not untouchable, you pushed my weak point and I'll push yours'', he carefully pointed his gun at Charles.

''And you did, so now what'', Wilson slipped a gun discreetly to Charles.

''Now I'm going to finish your brother and let you regret your stupidity for the rest of your life'',  Max and Simon broke the door open but they were too late Jacques had pulled the trigger and Charles lay motionless on the floor beside Wilson and Caleb.

''What the fuck no'', Wilson dropped down to his knees, as much as he loathed his brother for putting him through hell a past couple of days he never wanted it to end this way.

''Catch the fucker, what are you two looking at'', Max and Simon made a run for Jacques but they lost him, he had been well prepared through out. A criminal like him had anticipated all the circumstances and he had escaped.

They ran back to the hotel room, Wilson caressed Charles head one last time and let him go, it was over and he had lost.

Chapter 41 is up. Do you guys think Charles deserved what he got? Don't forget to vote, comment and share💜