CHAPTER 26

''I'm coming to get you, we will be there in another 20 minutes'', Wilson informed Caleb as he glanced around his apartment for one last time. He'd briefed Ross and now his luggage, just a sleek business bag and devices in another laptop bag lay perched against the elevator wall.

''Just call me if there's anything wrong'', Wilson nodded at Ross and left.

A thrust of fresh morning breeze slapped his face as he swiftly moved in to the back seat of his car.

''Sir, Airport'', the driver looked back.

''We'll pick up Caleb first'', Wilson did not make eye contact, just looked out of the window.

He had no time to process the events yesterday. Sleep pulled him into embrace as soon he was on bed. Meghan. The only woman who could challenge him this way, frustrate him yet make him fall for her deeper. He was glad for Caleb to call Meghan in the first place. She was there, worried and jealous, a lethal combination, something that definitely drove him wild but more than anything he knew she was changing him. On an exceptionally sane and normal day he would have happily agreed to the offer that woman in the bar had given him but yesterday was so different, he did not feel the urge to say yes and in fact he felt disgusted which was new and satisfying, it gave him hope, hope to be better for Meghan.

He quickly retrieved his laptop, skimming through some documents. He did not want to over assume anything, the last time he stepped over board it did not end well, the bitter thought of Meghan splashing cold pink wine on him resurfaced.

Maybe now as he looked back, he should have kept shut, would have saved the both of them the agony.

He was quickly snapped out of his thoughts when Caleb jumped in the car, definitely affected by the chilly air outside.

For a few minutes there was silence.

''I appreciate what you did yesterday'', Wilson momentarily looked at Caleb.

''Yeah, should be, was a hell lot of trouble'', Caleb shook his head in disapproval.

''Though the climax was too palatable or so I remember'', Caleb smirked at Wilson, shaking his head mockingly.

''So how long will this meeting last'', he continued.

''Depends on how quick we get through the meeting with Mr. Theo. He has a tacky sense of humor. Not sure I find that very impressive'', Wilson scoffed.

The company's private jet had its motors already running when Wilson and Caleb moved out of their car.

''Sir'', a man as young as in his twenties greeted the two of them and guided them to the jet.

''When are we expecting the arrival, Jonathan'', Wilson looked out of the fish bowl window.

''Sir, if the weather remains the same, a 2 hours and 45 minutes to Kentucky'', Jonathan excused himself to make a few pre flight checks.

He peeked at his cell phone, one last time, there was nothing from Meghan. It was too early too and yesterday's late night must have gotten to her.

''How about we let her go and we discuss a few things before our meeting'', Caleb casually commented.

''You're late'', Steve mocked.

''I'm the boss'', Meghan snapped back and the two of them started laughing.

''I was occupied yesterday'', Meghan shyly mentioned.

It's been a month since Meghan had mentioned about Wilson.

''The blond god is back in the picture eh'', Steve sat across Meghan grilling for more.

''Let's just say it was a petty encounter'', Meghan kept it crisp.

''Did you two kiss'', Steve immediately felt a blush creep to her neck.

''Oh my god you did, and you're calling it a petty encounter you little slut'', Steve was now giving a full blown mega watt smile to her.

''Can we just get back to work, I have a client dropping by in an hour'', Meghan switched on her laptop and busied herself not wanting to talk about it anymore.

It was almost lunch time, when there was a text on Meghan's phone. She quickly looked at it, hoping it to be from Wilson.

It was an unknown number,

Your past is not as pretty as you

It read, all the blood drained from her face, she dropped her cell phone, quickly grabbing Steve's attention.

''What's wrong Meghan'', he moved towards Meghan and picked up the phone.

His eyes widened when he too read the message.

''It's just someone pranking Meghan, it's nothing'', Steve switched of her cell phone and placed it on the desk. He handed her a glass of water while rubbing her back, back and forth.

''Meghan'', Steve kneeled in front of her and placed her hands in his.

''It's not a prank, it can't be'', Meghan meekly voiced her fear.

''Let's just forget about it, let's go grab lunch'', Steve pulled her from the seat.

Meghan could not get her mind off the unknown text message. Who could it have been, and why now after so many years. The wall she had created for herself had kept her safe enough, up until now some random person tries to dig the buried.

''Why don't you just forget about that and eat up lady'', this time Steve scolded Meghan and she stuffed a piece of buttered bagel into her mouth, ideally wondering what Wilson was up to.

She had busied herself in work all day, pushing away the texts a lil out of her mind. There was another text message. This time she shivered as she unlocked her cell phone to check who it was. Relief flooded across her as she noticed it was Wilson. Her lips set into a small smile.

I'll be landing back in Seattle by 7

Dinner my place, no baggage

He was back, as domineering as ever. She was so smitten, one thing she had come to realize in the past month was that it was very difficult to stay away from the devil himself. He knew exactly which buttons to push and she let him. Was this really what she had ever wanted?

Chapter 26 is up and we are finally getting a glimpse into the buried past of Meghan

Chapter 26 is up and we are finally getting a glimpse into the buried past of Meghan. Is there more to her life than she is giving away! Stay tuned for the unravelling of suspenses and drama. Dont forget to vote, comment and share💜