CHAPTER 19

Meghan was already pulling Wilson away without turning any more heads towards them she led him to a corner, the bar tender nodded at them, and the banquet normalised with the chitter chatter like nothing ever happened. Wilson waved at Caleb who scurried towards them with Susanne beside him.

''It's my fault'', he mumbled apologetically.

''No, Jacques is a fucking prick if he thinks this event was the right place to take it all out, no one's at fault here except him'', Caleb assured him, resting his hand on Wilsons shoulder. They exchanged a few pleasantries and decided it was time for them to leave, anyways Wilson was in a sour mood so leaving it was.

''You know you really need to keep your temper in check, it's easier getting unwanted attention by the press in these times'', Meghan had to succumb to Wilson driving the car. From the looks of him he wouldn't like to be sassed around anymore, at least not with that mood.

Wilson just groaned not wanting to be lectured, he carefully changed lanes and drove across the traffic staying shut. Meghan just sighed not wanting to agitate him.

''I know'', he replied and Meghan looked at him.

''You wanna talk'', she asked sincerely.

''Can I take you somewhere'', Wilson asked too seriously.

''Umm ok'', Meghan agreed.

Wilson took a left instead of a right which lead to their home, then another left and they continued moving straight until Wilson's phone buzzed, it was connected to the car settings, so it felt like the car buzzed for a moment.

''Simon''

''Mr. Elias, I apologise on behalf of Harry, it was really a false call, I'm trying to figure out who made the unknown call'', the officer spoke.

''Jacques Rodriques, and Harry, is that his name'', Wilson cross checked.

''Sir'', the officer seemed worried now.

''I'll deal with him some other day'', and he cut the call.

''Why are you so curt'', Meghan noticed the previous tension resurface in the car.

''It's the way I am Meghan, stop with the why are you this and that and your temper and whatever you think is wrong with me, it's how I function'', Wilson huffed changing the gear.

''Look, if you want to flatter yourself go get one of your one night flings, why ride with me'', Meghan seemed genuinely pissed now, she ideally wondered what Steve was doing, she had a lot to catch up after she made it home.

''We're here'', Wilson parked the car smoothly and unbuckled himself. Amidst their draining conversation she forgot to appreciate where he took her. It was a sea coast, the waves softly crashing against the humongous rocks and since the sun would set anytime soon now there was a mix of blue, orange, red and yellow hue across the sky. Meghan could stare at the scene for hours.

''That's a surprise, never thought of you as a coast line man'', Meghan scurried out of the car too, taking in a better view now.

''I can be pretty surprising, querida'', Wilson smirked but quickly changed his demeanour to something darker and more unfathomable.

''Spanish'', Meghan's eyes shot up to Wilson's in surprise.

''You wanted to know about Diana'', Wilson kept his eyes fixed on a rock ahead.

''You know right you change your gears as fast as your car'', she smiled trying to humour the situation.

''I don't have to know if you don't wanna tell me'', Meghan said truthfully. She was never the one to dig for information unless it was willingly served to her.

''Well I figured I don't have a very good impression in front of you anyways, so it's safe to share something like this one. Jacques is a very powerful business man, multiple shipment agencies, defence supplies and more. He plays dirty, that I knew and I used that against him. I was never interested in Diana, we met a few times, I convinced her we were made for each other, she agreed too willingly, but she's not someone to stay put with one man. I exploited that, caught her cheating, plucked some snaps and well'', Wilson dared to look at Meghan who was now emitting a mix of emotions.

Anger, fear, it was very confusing.

''Say something'', Wilson did not like being left hanging, he had to know what was going on with Meghan.

''So, let me get this clear, you black mailed Jacques'', Meghan whispered.

''Yes''

''By some snaps you mean her and her whatever he was'', Meghan wanted all of this to be so not true.

''Yes''

''And in return for those snaps you demanded a chunk of Jacques business'', please let it not be true.

''A chunk would be an understatement'', Wilson smiled coldly, not reaching his eyes.

Meghan felt nauseated, she knew all was not well with Wilson, his personality and everything actually but this was more, just too much. To what lengths was he capable of going, she shuddered at the thought. He was crazy, and not the crazy crazy, he was crazy alpha beta gamma.

''Can we leave'', Meghan looked at the car parked a few miles behind them.

Wilson did not bother to ask her anything more, he did not owe her an explanation. He was never going to break the news to her in the first place, she was the one who insisted.

The drive back to Meghan's house was too quiet, the only thing heard was the two of them breathing, the changing of gears and a horn blaring once in a while.

Wilson swiftly parked the car in Meghan's parking lot, Meghan did not look back once as she unlocked the door and jumped out of the car. He quietly placed the car keys in Meghan's palm and left. She did not bother to ask him how he would go back home. He could obviously force someone to lend him a car on gunpoint, wouldn't be very difficult, she thought sourly to herself.

She quickly moved into the elevator and unlocked her flat. She was too relieved when she spotted Steve snoring on her couch. It only meant she could blurt everything that happened today with Wilson. She changed into her pajamas and a tank top and brewed herself some coffee.

The smell of the coffee must have definitely made it to Steve, as he turned and twisted on the couch, groggily waking up, rubbing his eyes, trying to figure out where he was.

''Wake up sleepy head, you dozed off on my couch'', Meghan filled two cups of coffee and held a mug out for Steve.

''You're back, temme about it'', and Meghan narrated everything in detail, watching Steve's expression changing form surprise to confusion and finally pity.

''Mahn, I really thought he was something'', Steve sipped the last bit disappointedly.

Chapter 19 is up and while we are at this chapter lemme ask you all how important is trust in a relationship and also transparency? Dont forget to vote, comment and share this chapter💜