CHAPTER 30

Everyone was mesmerized watching him play, he knew it, he knew the effect he had on people, so after a moment of basking in everyone's admiration he raised a toast,

''Now since I have everyone's attention I would like to share how grateful I feel to have been born in this family, with such loving parents who've always been by my side. I know I can be a dick sometimes but my Madre has always been by my side, through thick and thin. I can be a disappointment sometimes but she's never let that get to her for how she feels and cares for me. Me encantaque la madre. Thank you for being you'', he walked towards his mother and held her hand in his. He gently placed a kiss on the back of her hands. There were hoots and claps from the crowd as she pulled him into a bear hug.

Caleb stepped forward and placed the bracelet on her wrist and she was almost in tears.

''I loved it'', she kissed his cheek. Meghan gifted her a bottle of customized perfume and a few other guests urged her to open their gifts as well. It was more of a family get together then a typical party with booze and dance.

The house keeper kept refilling their wine glasses and dinner was served. Skylar was more than happy to explain what had been laid out. It was a typical Spanish menu or so she informed.

Leche frita- a fried milk dessert,

Gambas al ajillo- prawns with olive oil and roasted garlic,

Pulpo a la gallega- deep fried octopus,

Pisto- a fresh salad drizzled with olive oil,

Gazpacho- cold tomato soup and

Tortilla Española- Spanish omlette.

''This is delicious'', Meghan beamed at Skylar.

''You should come more often, I will cook for you'', Skylar winked playfully.

''I would love that Skylar'', she smiled.

''You've gelled up well with mother'', Wilson braced her knuckles with his hands.

''She is so easy to talk to, I'm already liking her'', Meghan felt her memories with her mother resurfacing when she used to throw dinners like this with the entire family there to get a taste of her mother's famous roasted duck.

''Gracias''

Meghan was awed with Wilson speaking such fluent Spanish, and the manner in which his body language changed while talking to his mother. Wilson caught her staring at him and winked. Just as she could react to that, her cell phone chimed with a text message. She stood cold for a moment.

Your past is yours

But your future is in my hands

-Unknown number

This time unlike the last time instead of fear, there was anger, who was pranking her like this and what did they want. If they really had something on her, she would not be standing here enjoying a birthday party.

She decided to call the unknown number and get her facts straight. She excused herself to a more isolated corner of the room, a tall French window, facing the shore. The first ring, no one, the second ring, no one just as she thought of hanging up a voice appeared on the other side of the phone.

''I was expecting this call from sometime now'', the voice was too cold and controlled. She clenched her fists, her knuckles turning white.

''What do you want and why are you texting me'', Meghan made sure her voice was low enough to not be heard.

''Considering the situation you're in I don't think you can talk to me like that'', the voice warned her off.

''Then tell me what do you want'', Meghan repeated her question, making herself much more clear.

''Nothing, I was just wondering, how would Wilson feel about your past'', a shiver ran down Meghan's spine.

''What do you mean'', Meghan whispered.

''You know what I mean, he can be a bastard but you're no less of a bitch too, so think about it'', the voice hung up on her.

She wanted to scream, pull her hair, run away, yet she stood there watching the sand, feeling it slip through her hands. The man on the call definitely knew what he was talking about. Her past had never grabbed a place in the limelight, she had been good at that, but it wasn't too difficult to find out about her too. But the question still lingered, why would someone go to that length.

Just as she was debating about what's to be done next, she felt a hand wrap around her waist. She immediately relaxed, knowing it was Wilson.

''Is everything ok, mi amor'', he looked at Meghan concerned.

''Umm yeah, it was just a client'', she tried to cover up but failed.

''So Ms. Bates can lie, nice try'', Wilson sighed.

''I'm not'', Meghan stay put, this time a little more sternly.

''If you could tell me I could help you'', Wilson looked straight to the shore.

''You can't just control everything I am, and I can take care of myself, thank you'', Meghan snapped, she was confused and angry and worried and Wilson was just not letting it go.

''Why are you saying it this way'', Wilson looked at her genuinely hurt.

'' Because, you'', Meghan was trying to find the right words to set Wilson off, so that he could stop pestering her for help.

''Because what Meghan, I wanna know'', Wilson dared Meghan to continue.

''Because you're suffocating me'', Meghan pushed him slightly and turned towards the hall.

''You're doing this again aren't you'', Wilson took a step back.

''Doing what'', Meghan looked fearfully at Wilson.

''You're pushing me away again, you'd fallen for me at your place too, you'd felt it too, but you had acted irrationally and you're doing it again''

''No'', Meghan tried to take control of her stance.

''Yes, but this time I'm going to let you go. I can't force you to love me, not when there is no trust between the two of us. But I'll be waiting, my heart only for you, when you trust me enough to share with me your reason, mi amor, because I love you!'', Wilson placed his hand on her cheek and looked into her eyes. An infinity of emotions washing over his face, his eyes had never been so expressible, his warmth never so comforting. It took all the restraint in the world for Meghan to step back out of his embrace, grab her clutch and leave.

She did not turn back and he did not expect her too.

''Meghan'', Caleb looked at her go and then at Wilson.

''Let her go''

Chapter 30 is up! Wilson finally decided to let Meghan go🥺Dont forget to vote, comment and share this chapter💜