CHAPTER 24

It's been a 2 months since the feud between Wilson and Meghan and all was definitely not returning back to normal. Well not in a good way normal.

Wilson was being his usual self, domineering, commanding and whipping the hell out of his employee's, if anything he had just turned colder and inconsiderate to those around him.

Just the other day he had snapped at one of his old employees, lifted him from his chair by the collar and threatened to fire him if he ever arrived even a minute later to his workplace.

Caleb too had started spending less time with him, not wanting to say something that would annoy him more than he already was. His decisions had turned quite ruthless, though the only thing that came good off it all was that his business was at the peak of its capacity.

He was on the front page of every business magazine; they were planning on a major takeover of an imperial hotel- Valedomoro. Wilson always wanted to get into hoteliering and this particular piece was on an auction by two retiring owners. Tonnes of investment and staff was being put into action by Wilson himself. The deal was a big spectacle, and he would allow only Caleb be close to the deets.

Meghan had tried justifying her actions from that day several times, but failed miserably. Steve had been getting on her nerves too lately, blaming her for not moving on and staying stuck in the past. She had no choice, one reckless move and she would destroy the person she was linked with and she couldn't risk that, besides Wilson wouldn't want to do anything with her after he got a glimpse into her past anyways so ending things quicker was a better option.

Meghan had completely drifted to caffeine for survival, trying to cut down on her meals as much as possible.

It was Thursday and she was expecting Susanne to meet her at the boutique for some outfits. She had avoided any talk post the mishap, yet she felt extremely guilty pushing Susanne away, they had turned pretty close since the charity event.

Meghan decided to apologise first things first when Susanne was here.

It was almost evening when Susanne popped in, with Caleb by her side which was unexpected.

''Hi love'', Susanne quickly pulled Meghan into a warm hug, Meghan smiled at Caleb and he nodded in response.

''Look I'm sorry, I should have stayed in touch'', Meghan sighed.

''That I agree, you've been an extremely clumsy friend Meghan'', Susanne scolded.

''I just dint know what to say'', she looked down at her fingers, fiddling with her ring.

''You dint have to, we were friends before this thing with Wilson'', Susanne stopped mid way not wanting to remind Meghan of that night.

''I get it, Caleb'', Meghan was barely audible to even herself.

''He isn't fine, if that's what you're asking, but we knew this was eventually going to happen. He's never been the one to hold back and he's had to face the consequences for that several times'', Caleb sighed not knowing what more to say.

''It's me actually, I'm the one who messed things up'', Meghan had finally come to terms with her faulty behaviour.

''You took your stand, he took his'', Susanne interrupted.

''Maybe'', Meghan grabbed her notepad wanting to dive into work and not discuss Wilson anymore.

It was almost dinner time and Meghan had politely refused to join the two of them for it. She did not want any more awkwardness in her life than there already was.

She left for home early that day. She switched on some telly to take her mind off things and failed. She was already switching her night lamp off when her cell phone rang.

''Hi, Meghan'', Caleb spoke worried.

''Yeah, everything ok'', Meghan had groggily peeked at her cell phone screen to spot Caleb calling, she answered, understanding that it would be important if he was calling late at night.

''No, is Wilson with you'', Caleb was trying to catch his breath.

''What, no, why'', Meghan was all alert now.

''Look I can't get through him, his driver is not with him either, we were scheduled to catch a flight tomorrow morning for a meeting and it's important'', Caleb blasted.

''Shit, where could he be'', Meghan's heart beat raced as she started thinking the worse.

''It's fine we'll get him, I'm sorry for the call'', he seemed tensed.

''No hold, I'm getting to where you're, I'm searching for him too'', Meghan scrambled out of her bed switching on the bedside light. After a moment of silence Caleb replied,

''Ok, I'll get you, stay by your tower'', Meghan put on knitted violet sweater and black tights with flipflops. Caleb was at her place in 15 minutes, his eyes scanning the streets for any semblance of a man.

''Where are we looking at'', Meghan quickly looked at Caleb.

''I've called a few people and our IT guy, his phone has a tracker'', Caleb stated.

A few mindless rounds around the area and there was a buzz on Caleb cell.

''What, ok, fine, thank you'', Caleb zoomed his car following the GPS.

''Where is he'', Meghan still couldn't figure out where they were driving too.

''A bar'', Caleb snorted.

''Is it safe'', she whispered.

''He owns it sweetie'', Caleb rolled his eyes and Meghan sighed in relief.

"A vodka'', Wilson tapped at the bar man in front of him.

''Sir'', he nodded.

Wilson had settled upon spending his weekend night at a bar he partially owned, to release what he'd been holding and breathe for once. It was over midnight and he had no intentions of leaving anytime soon. He was on round 5 of his shot.

He traced his eyes across the dance floor, sweat laden bodies thumping themselves against one another, bracing the multi coloured disco lights and shimmery dresses hurting his eyes.

''Another'', he grabbed the bar tender's attention. He was so busy drinking away that he did not realise a tall blonde girl was leaning by him, her hand wrapped around his neck and her mouth a little too close to his face. She smelled of scotch. Why was she so close to him, he wasn't even interested. Wait did he miss on something, did she say something. He looked at her a little carefully to notice her lips moving. Of course she was saying something.

''Are you alone tonight, we could take this outside'', oh that's what.

''Yes and no'', he replied. Just when he was trying to create some sort of distance between them, he heard a voice behind him which instantly made him stiffen.

''Wilson'', of course it was her. It had to be her, he could recognise her honey laden yet sternly funny voice even in his deepest dreams and darkest days.

''Meghan'', Wilson looked at Meghan, she was angry and she was holding back her tears. At that moment Wilson knew this woman had his heart.

 At that moment Wilson knew this woman had his heart

Chapter 24 is up! We are finally back to MeghWil cause I couldnt keep them apart any longer! Dont forget to vote, comment and share if you liked my work💜