CHAPTER 25

Relief flooded Meghan's heart when she saw Wilson unharmed, sane, hell alive. But that feeling soon dissipated when she spotted another woman in his arms, she was onto him like a leech, like her life depended on his existence. Her first instinct was to slap that smug face she was giving her but she second that, she had Wilson to deal with first.

''You jerk, this is what you want, this girl, we've been worried sick and Mr. Elias is busy picking girls in a bar, how chivalrous of you'', she tried to raise her tempo above the loud beat music playing in the background. For a moment he just stared at her, trying to take in her presence in front of him when he had thought he would never see her face again. It was when she snapped her fingers close to his face dragging him to reality.

''No, she was the one to start it, I just said no, you can ask her'', he mumbled like a 2 year old child being scolded for stealing a cookie from the jar.

''Oh you cakey bimbo take your paws off him right now and leave'', Meghan scowled at miss whoever she was.

''Why are you two here'', Wilson genuinely seemed confused.

''Shut the fuck up and tell me what the hell do you think you're doing here with your cell phone off'', Meghan grabbed Wilson by his jacket pulling him towards her. She was angry, tired, frustrated, she wanted to cry out and scream at him right now. But even then she couldn't seem to not notice his deep grey eyes boring into hers, exposing her bit by bit. She quickly collected herself not wanting to fall into the whirlpool of his eyes when she was pissed at him.

''I was here to grab a few drinks'', Wilson regained his composure.

''Mahn what the fuck, I've been trying to get through you for more than an hour now, you could have just informed you know'', Caleb sighed, relieved.

''I must have not realized it die'', Wilson retrieved his cell phone.

''Of course, you must be too busy for that'', Meghan sassed pointing at the empty shot in front of them. She glared at the bar tender, trying to refill the glass, withering him.

Wilson couldn't help but a chuckle escape his mouth looking at Meghan.

''What's funny'', Meghan glared at him.

''You are, now tell me what are you doing here'', now it was his turn to catch her off guard.

''Just trying to knock in some sense into a reckless man'', Meghan scoffed not wanting to give him the benefit of turning the tables at her.

''So now you're here what are you going to about it'', Wilson challenged her.

''Trust me you don't wanna know Wilson''

''Well bite me''

Meghan was sure what she wanted to do. She pulled Wilson closer by his lapel, looked confidently into his eyes and before she could move, he smashed his lips onto hers. He had kissed her twice before this but today was different. He craved, devoured, worshipped her with that one kiss. He pulled her closer by the waist to deepen the kiss and this time she gave in. He dipped his tongue into her mouth, a moan escaping her mouth and when she touched his with hers, she could hear a shallow growl from his throat. It was wrong, it was everything Meghan did not want to turn it to be but this moment, being with the only man she ever fell for, everything seemed right.

She threw her irrational thoughts off the window and let him take control of her.

Caleb awkwardly cleared his throat, seeking to be acknowledged.

''If I may, can we take this home, it's getting a lil too public'', he pointed at a few people gathered around, watching the show.

Meghan moved back a little too embarrassed.

''Show's over folks, get back to the floor'', Wilson shouted, his voice much louder than the music playing and everyone watching drifted apart slowly.

''The next time you leave me I won't stop with a kiss, in fact you will unmistakably find yourself on my bed, get it'', he placed a kiss in the nook of her neck. She shivered at his dirty words but chose not to react.

''I'm tired can we go home'', Meghan genuinely looked worn out.

''We'll drop you home'', Caleb agreed.

''Or you could stay with me'', Wilson smirked.

''Oh please don't get too ahead of yourself'', Meghan scoffed mockingly.

The drive to Meghan's place was quiet, but not the everyone-is-tensed-quiet, it was everything-is-ok sorta quiet.

Caleb pulled over the car by her tower and she thanked him and got down.

Wilson got down too.

''You sure you're going to be ok'', Wilson asked, hoping she would say yes to tagging along with him.

''Unless you're trying to pull another stunt like that, then yes, I'll be fine'', Meghan pouted.

''I want to talk'', Wilson looked dead drop serious now, the humor evaporated.

''And we will, but right now you need to get ready for tomorrow's flight'', Meghan tip toed and pecked Wilson's cheek.

He quickly pulled her into a hug.

''I do not want to feel like that ever again, ever, I mean it Meghan. Whatever it is we talk right, we communicate'', he asked sincerely.

''Yes'', Meghan sighed. She waved a good bye to the two of them as the car zoomed away from her.

''Everything okay'', Caleb asked as Wilson laid his head on the window. He did not know what to say. One thing he was sure of that all the time he and Meghan spent meant something to her but to what lengths would she go to sort things between them and why was she holding herself back in the first place. She was a labyrinth and he would dive right into the center of it to help her through.

The moment she slipped into her shorts she plopped on the bed and fell asleep.

Her last thoughts were of Wilson. She would make things right, for the both of them.

Chapter 25 is up! Thankyou for all the support thats been pouring in for this book! We are more than halfway through this story so pleaseee temme if you are enjoying the book so far in the comments below and dont forget to vote and share💜