CHAPTER 22

Meghan was still dazed, spell bound, in fact smitten with how perfect they're not so official date was. He had surpassed expectations, let himself ease up and just be themselves for once, no flashing lights blinding their eyes, no weaponry(lol) and no drama. As much as she knew what trouble she was getting herself into, for once, just for once she wanted to be her 22-year-old self, carefree, joyous, a dreamer and she felt that way with Wilson so she wanted to bottle the moment like a child catching glowy dragonflies in the dark, her dark life she thought wistfully.

''Spill'', Steve was at the boutique an hour early, just for the gossip.

Meghan comfortably sat on her plush work chair and explained everything, not missing on the tiniest detail and by the time she finished, Steve was already jumping up and down excitedly on his place.

''My, my who knew Mr. Elias aimed to impress'', Steve danced mindlessly.

''Uh huh, or so we thought. It was beautiful!'', Meghan scrolled through her laptop for order details and work mails.

''But that said and done, time to get to work, we have lots of it piled so concentrate'', Meghan snapped Steve out of his excitement.

''Yes ma'am'', he beamed, mock saluting her.

The rest of the day went extremely busy as she tried to catch up on all the work from the weekend. There was nothing from Wilson for which she was glad. She did not want a distraction, definitely not on a weekday.

''So, you two are finally ok with each other'', Caleb smirked at Wilson who had his head deep in his files the entire time.

''Yeah'', Wilson nodded.

''Wow, so are we expecting the good news to drop by anytime soon'', Caleb was just not letting it go. It was new for him to watch Wilson do a date.

''Caleb, I genuinely pay you to work'', Wilson warned him off.

''Touché'', Caleb rolled his eyes.

Frankly it all had started as a part of a conquest, the typical she hates me so my male chauvinistic personality shall take over and I will make her mine, but it wasn't anymore. She was challenging and refreshing at the same time, the way her eyes twinkled in the ocean, damn she could put the serenity of the blue waves to shame. Wilson wanted to take it slow with Meghan. One desperate move and it would ruin whatever they had. She had just started getting comfortable around him. He did not want to scare her off. He had supressed his several strong urges to even call her today. She needed space and he would give her that.

The rest of the week went pretty busy and as weekend neared Meghan decided to give Wilson a call.

''Hi, am I speaking to Wilson'', Meghan asked to a lady on the other side of the cell.

''Miss, Sir has left his phone for charging, he's in a meeting, I could put you through his cabin'', Lisa asked.

''No, just tell him I called'', Meghan requested.

''Yes ma'am''

In a few, Wilson called Meghan back.

''I'm sorry for that'', she could hear a few men leaving his cabin.

''That's fine, actually I was thinking about, how would you feel to join me for dinner tomorrow'', Meghan whispered.

''I would love that'', Wilson smiled.

''Great, my place then, 8 runs fine''.

''I'll seeya then'', Wilson muttered too happy to agree.

It was already weekend and Wilson was dressed in a white linen shirt and black suit pants wanting to keep it casual.

It was 5 minutes to 8 when he reached Meghan's apartment. She pecked him on his cheek and welcomed him inside. The apartment was set to a dim yellow lighting. He was about to hand over a bottle of wine he had brought when he noticed he wasn't the only one invited. Susanne and Caleb were already animatedly in a conversation with Steve. He glared at the three of them, his mouth set in a hard line. He thought the two of them would be alone.

''Weren't expecting us were you, aye'', Caleb grabbed the bottle of wine from his hand.

''Wasn't he informed, dear'', Caleb looked up at Meghan who now flushed embarrassingly.

So, this was the game they were playing.

''I mean I hadn't mentioned it would just be the two of us, so'', Meghan smirked.

''Right then come in Willy'', Caleb pulled Wilson inside, to the dining area.

This was the first time Wilson actually noticed where Meghan lived. Her choice in interiors was flaw less. The seating area was all purple and white, a crystal chandelier looked upon the dining table and the sofas were in cream with fluffy fur throw pillows on them. A floating centre table and purple burgundy complimented the walls.

''Dinner is served'', Meghan laid out a spread of decadent Lebanese cuisine on the dinner table and popped the wine bottle open that Wilson had brought and poured the glasses.

There was a buffet of crispy brown falafels, hummus splayed with olive oil and cayenne, pita bread, couscous salad topped with greens, grilled chicken and an egg plant dip. Everyone dug into the food and busied themselves in meagre conversations. Steve was all about his family of 6 siblings and their family home in Paris, Susanne and Meghan were engaged in a conversation about an upcoming fashion event for which Meghan genuinely seemed interested.

Wilson heard Caleb clear his throat, '' You know you could just stop staring'', he smiled slyly.

''Why are you all even here'', Wilson was still frustrated.

''Why did you have something in mind'', Caleb laughed. The dinner was quick to end and Meghan excused herself to pick the dishes up and bring them to the kitchen. She tidied the table careful not to interrupt the conversation Caleb, Susanne and Steve were having, something about organic wear.

Wilson was nowhere to be seen, so she looked around for a bit and spotted him, leaning across the balcony, his shoulders relaxed and his breathing steady. She walked beside him, looking straight to the stars sprinkled randomly across the sky, taking in the night chill. After a few breaths Wilson turned towards her, taking in her beauty. Her brunette waves, luscious pink lips, but her eyes.

Two expressive eyes seeing him through and through, he felt naked, like she knew everything he held within him, he sighed and before he knew it, words spilled, a dam breached,

''I'm falling for you, hard'', Wilson pulled Meghan into a kiss but she quickly pushed him away, her eyes had already turned watery.

Chapter 22 is up and hell am I emotional! So are we team Wilson or team Meghan on this one, lemme know in the comments and dont forget to vote and share💜