Lesson 1

First day of school 

YuYan: Hey Liu YuXin, did you forget about school? 

Me: I didn't, I've transferred school. Please don't forget about me.

Xue Er: Yahh! What do you mean?? Where are you going?? 

Shaking: Mei Mei, what's going on? 

Me: I'm going somewhere unreachable :(

Putting my phone away, I dragged my heavy feet and luggage to the front of Reitsu Academy's Dormitory. The posh looking gate adorned in opulent gold paint greeted me, reminding me of my peasantry unworthiness. I made the last ditching effort and dial my brother's number, only to hear the annoying beeping sound. Damn it brother, I must have owed you in my past life. 

"Hi James," I greeted sadly at the familiar face donning on a white coat welcoming me with a supportive smile. He patted my head softly replying, "That's Mr James to you in here. I don't understand what your mom is thinking, she must be out of her mind." He looked at me and added, "And you too, must be out of your mind." 

"She's your sister. You know how it is." 

"That's true, whatever she wants, she will get it like a Queen Dowager. Good thing your dad is currently overseas to not witness his beloved daughter looking like a discounted version of Yuxi. He would have a fit," James teased. Even if my dad was here, he wouldn't have the ability to go against my mom and her travesty.  

"Anyway, I've already cleared your medical. Congratulations, you are now officially a boy Yuxin, or should I say Yuxi?" I pulled a long face at his remark and he gave me a comforting pat on my shoulder. "Find me in the infirmary whenever you need help. Go put your luggage down and head over to the school, most of the boys are in school for their morning assembly." James handed me the administrative files and left me in front of the European style building. I made a silent prayer that my roommate wouldn't be a disgusting guy living in the pig sty. Standing in front of room 502, I took a deep breath and opened the door furtively, squinting my eyes to brace myself for the impact. Wow, this room is neater than my own bedroom. The bed was made neatly and one of the study table had books arranged according to their height. Did I enter a showroom instead of a dorm room? Shaking the thought, I put my luggage at the unused side of the room and headed to my class. 

In the classroom 

"Everyone please settle down. Today we have a new classmate joining us, he is our scholar, Liu Yuxi who just transferred this semester." The teacher announced and I stood awkwardly beside him, looking on the floor afraid to make eye contact with the class of boys who were all staring at me. "Yuxi, please introduce yourself to the class," the teacher prompted. Here goes nothing, "G-Good morning everyone, I'm Liu Yuxi. Please to make your acquaintance." I've made sure to adjust my tone an octave lower hoping that I would pass off as a guy. The teacher pointed to an empty seat beside an aloof looking guy and motioned me to take a seat there. 

As soon as I sat down, I could feel a piercing gaze looking right at me from the guy sitting beside me. Don't tell me my cover has been blown so early.. Then my long hair has been cut off for naught. Better to introduce myself and be friendly. I turned my head to face him and greeted, "Good morning, I am Yu-" "I know, you are Yuxi, the scholar that scored first in our exam topping me." His jet black eyes looked at me with such intensity that I took a gulp, preparing for a showdown. Instead, he flashed me a smile and said, "I'm Cai Xukun, you can call me Kun." Maybe boys aren't so bad after all. 

The two guys sitting in front of us turned around and greeted me. "I'm Zhen Ting, you can call me Zhen Zhen," The guy with brown hair looking like a comic character greeted. The other guy with a cheeky grin greeted, "I'm Fan Cheng Cheng, you can call me Cheng Cheng, you know, my real name instead of some nickname." Zhen Ting slapped Cheng Cheng on his back hard, "Stop making me look bad in front of others." I stared at them in disbelief hearing the loud slapping sound. Even though Xue Er likes to slap my arms whenever she's agitated, that sheer force coming from Zhen Ting would probably dislocate my arm. Returning their focus back to me, Cheng Cheng added, "I thought Kun looks was something, but you on the other hand, you look really delicate." *Smack* Zhen Ting smacked Cheng Cheng's head with a textbook, "Sorry, this guy doesn't use his brain when he talks, don't mind him." I nodded my head furiously, feeling a little sorry for Cheng Cheng. 

"Alright class, time to start the lesson proper," the teacher announced and everyone started listening to the lesson attentively. 

What on earth is the teacher saying? Did we just jump straight into advance math when I have barely mastered the basics? I tried my best to scribble down the workings, trying to catch up with every single thing that was covered. 

Kun

"This must be easy for you, why are you still scribbling down the notes? You must be really diligent," I commented, looking at Yuxi who looked exhausted after class. He gave me a sheepish smile and replied, "I uh.. I just think it's good to pay attention in class." Perhaps that's the reason why he could score first in the test. "Well, whatever works for you. I'm heading back to dorm first to put my stuff, you coming?" Yuxi shook his head and replied, "I'm heading off somewhere for a while. I'll see you tomorrow I guess," and he took off. 

YuXin 

"James, you didn't tell me that the school syllabus is going to be this hard! How am I supposed to keep up with the grades for Yuxi??" I lamented as I stepped into the infirmary. James sat me down on the bed and hugged me, "Yuxi is a scholar so he is placed in the elite class. I'm sorry you have to go through with this. You are supposed to meet with a senior for dorm orientation. Did you forget about it?" James said. I looked at my watch, shucks only five minutes before the allocated time. "Gotta run," I replied as I darted off back to dorm.