Lesson 8

Yibo

How is it that a guy could be so light? And his skin is softer than the rest.. Looking at his facial feature he certainly looks more feminine that masculine but I can't possibly just walk up and ask him straight can I? That'd be too rude. I'd need to unravel this mystery another way.

YuXin

"Hey YuXi, are you okay?" Li Nong asked as we met at the elevator down to the cafeteria. "Let me help you take your plate," he offered readily, helping me to scoop the dishes and carried it to the table.

"Yuxi, this ointment is really effective in reducing scarring," Zhen Ting handed me a bottle.

"You should eat more so you can build more muscles," Zhangjing placed a chicken drumstick on my plate. "Yahh, did the sun rise from the west today? You are offering food to others?" Yan Jun teased.

I smiled gratefully at all of them, "T-thank you guys.. I really appreciate your concern." A wave of warmth filled my heart as I felt truly touched by their actions.

The next morning in the Student committee room

Kun

"Yan Jun, you've gotten approval to step down as the secretary for the committee to concentrate on your modeling career," Yibo announced.

"Great! So who's taking over my role now? Is there going to be an election for it?" Yan Jun asked curiously.

"As a matter of fact, the Dean has already chosen the person to take over your role," Yibo stated while we looked at him in anticipation. "It's going to be Liu Yuxi."

My lips started to curve upwards hearing his name and I immediately suppressed my emotions. Calm down Kun, why are you feeling so happy about it.

"That's great!" Li Nong exclaimed, "He looks like a responsible guy to work with." Yan Jun landed a punch on Li Nong's arm, "Yah, what do you mean by that? Am I irresponsible?"

"Of course not, you are responsible... To your girlfriend and your modeling job that is." Li Nong started running away after speaking out.

YuXin

"Liu Yuxi, please head over to the student committee room after school," The teacher announced. I look at Kun, "What's going on?" I whispered.

"You'll know once you get there," he muttered. Geez, what's with the suspense. When the bell rang, Kun stood up and motioned me to follow him. We stopped in front of a huge oak door and Kun opened the door to a huge room with 5 long posh desks in different area.

"Welcome, Yuxi," Yibo senior greeted as I entered the room. Yan Jun, Li Nong and Zhen Ting were there as well. "H-Hello.." I greeted them, what's going on here?

"You must be feeling a little confused. I'm the chairperson of the student committee, Kun is the vice-chairperson, Li Nong is our treasurer and Cheng Cheng is our general affairs officer. You are here today because you have been appointed as our secretary, taking over Yan Jun's position."

Me? Secretary? When I can't even run my life properly? I looked at them anxiously," I.. I don't know if I can do it well.." Yan Jun patted me on my shoulder,"Don't worry, I've been skiving off for so long and the Fort is still holding on tight since Yibo senior and Kun could just do the whole work. You can just relax."

"Yeah Yuxi, we will help you out. Don't worry too much. Anyway, the Dean was the one appointing you so you can't reject it too," Yibo senior added. Well, Dean, thank you for adding more burden to my already tiring life. The next thing I know he's probably appoint me as the janitor too..