Lesson 47

Yibo

I smoothed YuXin's face tenderly after propping the pillows up for her to make her comfortable in bed. Looking at her soft smile on her pale face, I felt a dull ache in my heart knowing I have to let her go sooner or later. As much as I love her, her rightful place is beside Kun.. That's when I could see her real smile that could brighten the world, my world.

"Do you need anything?" I asked as I rubbed my thumb against her cheek affectionately. She looked at me with her eyes curved into crescents, "I need you to stop frowning like an old man." She placed her fingers between my brows and smoothed out my frown.

"I'm alright Yibo, so stop frowning so much." She placed her lips on my forehead, kissing me gently. Instead of the usual euphoria, I felt a stabbing pain in my heart knowing I have to let her go soon.. Before I couldn't bear with the pain of her not being by my side.

I mustered a smile and kissed her gently on her lips, lingering longer than usual before pulling away. "Get some rest, I'll get a glass of water for you."

Kun

I quickly tiptoed back to my room seeing Yibo approached the door to head to the kitchen. Seeing the interaction between the two, my jaw tightened automatically, feeling the jealousy within me stirring. I could feel my face heating up from the pent up anger seeing the sight of YuXin showing affection to another that is not me. I slammed my hand on the table, trying my best to quell my anger that I had towards myself.

Why did I let her go, why did she have to suffer so much on her own because of me, because of my family. I scoffed at how ridiculous the whole situation was, being the son of one of the richest man in China yet I am more useless than any average guy, not even having the capability of holding on to the girl I love.

Worse still, I made those pompous remarks of pampering her if she is pregnant with my child. I cupped my hands on my head and laughed out, just what did I do for her when she was going through her morning sickness? Hanging out with another girl like a real jerk I was. And now she is thrown out of her house, because of me.. In the end, I'm still a useless jerk who hurts her the most. Gritting my teeth in anger, I punched the punched the wall with my bare hands, letting out the frustration within me.

Now that I'm given the chance to atone for my mistakes, I will make things right. I have to make things right.

YuXin

It's been hard skirting around Kun whenever I see him at home. After that confrontation in the hospital, we haven't had an actual conversation. It wasn't that I hate him, it was the opposite. I'm afraid that my feelings for him would reignite when we interact.. And that wouldn't be fair to Yibo who has been dropping by after school without fail. How could I do something like this to a guy who has dedicated his feelings and effort towards me?

Sighing, I walked back to my room absentmindedly, turning at the corner of the house just as Kun walked straight towards me. Jumping in shock, I took a step back and accidentally tripped on my other foot, my legs buckled and I was about to fall when Kun grabbed me by my waist and pulled me towards him, "YuXin!"

His strong arms wrapped around my waist protectively as my face lay on his chest. "Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?" Kun glanced around anxiously, checking to see if I was injured.

Shaking my head, I pulled away from him, feeling my face slowly heating up from his touch. "I'm.. I'm okay.. Thanks."
Without waiting for his reply, I rushed back into my room and closed the door swiftly, lying my back on the door.

I breathed out deeply and ran my hands over my hair.. Shit.. What am I supposed to do with this feeling..

Kun