Lesson 30

Yibo

"Senior, I'm stuck in this question.." YuXin looked at me with her deep brown eyes for help, pointing towards the question.

"Here, let me have a look." I took over the paper from her and scrutinise the question while she stifled a yawn. "Tired?" I asked with a smile.

"A little, my brain doesn't seemed to be functioning well today," she let out a laugh sheepishly. Looking at her expression, my heart skipped a beat involuntarily. Sigh, it's not like I couldn't stop liking her in a day or two.

I turned back my focus on the question, highlighting the important points and told her the formula to use while she attempted to do the question.

"YuXin, try it again. I'll be right back." I stood up and walked towards the cabinet and my electric boiler to make a cup of hot chocolate for her. This should perk her up a little.

As I walked back to the study table, YuXin was leaning on her outstretched arm on the table with her eyes shut, her other hand still holding on to her pen as she stopped scribbling halfway. My lips immediately curved upwards seeing her in such a comical position. I need to take a photo of it. I whipped out my phone and snap a shot of her sleeping position, stifling my laughter as she remained unaware of what happened.

Walking closer towards her, I leaned in forward, observing her small delicate face that had a serene look. You really don't have any guard up against others do you? Sleeping so peacefully at another guy's room. I broke my eye contact, pulling myself up before I did something Im not supposed to. She's with Kun now, control your damn self Yibo.

Right on cue, a knock came from my door and Kun was standing outside, waiting to fetch YuXin. He's been taking the extra mile of doing so ever since they got together.

"YuXin fell asleep while studying," I tilted my head towards her direction as Kun walked in.

Nudging her lightly, Kun called, "sleepyhead, let's go sleep on your own bed." YuXin whined softly as she squinted her eyes open tiredly.

"Come on, get on my back, I'll piggyback you back to our room." Kun squat down in front of YuXin as she wrapped her arms around his neck, crawling onto his back lazily.

My heart sank as I saw their interaction. It felt like someone has pulled my heart down to the depths of the ocean with a heavy weight, yet I mustered a smile, trying to appear normal to Kun "Take care of her," I muttered while Kun nodded in reply.

No one said unrequited love is going to be easy. I let out a loud sigh as they leave.

****
YuXin

"Finally, midterms finally ended. Time for freedom!" Cheng cheng exclaimed loudly as the teacher left the class. His exclamation was greeted by Zhen Ting's slap on his back. "Are you trying to make me deaf with your screaming?" Zhen Ting said in annoyance. The two of them are like Tom and Jerry getting on each other's nerves.

Ignoring Zhen Ting's words, Cheng Cheng turned back to face Kun and me, "So, you guys have any plans during summer break? Want to head over to my house?"

"And get surrounded by your incessant shouting? Spare me," Zhen Ting interjected as he rolled his eyes.

"We've got plans already." Kun replied as he glanced at me with a smile. I nodded excitedly, thinking about the possibility of hanging out in a resort just having the time to relax, no more studying till midnight burning midnight oil.

"Geez, well alright. Where are you guys going?" Cheng Cheng asked curiously. Kun raised his brows and said "Somewhere my parents asked. Do you want to join us?"