Lesson 19

YuXin

"Xiao Xin, you look better have an early rest. You seemed so listless after our lunch," Jiaqi Jie jie commented as she wrapped her arms around me for a tight hug. "Hurry and go back to your dorm." I nodded my head and walked towards Xue Er's room as Jiaqi jie jie waved goodbye. YuYan and shaking were both waiting in the room.

"So? Everything went well right?" YuYan asked as she pulled me in. Yibo senior probably doesn't recognise me right? After all, it was just a brief contact. "Y-yeah.. I need to get change and go back now," I replied hastily as I changed out of my clothes. That's right, he shouldn't have recognise me, I consoled myself internally.

As soon as I reached the front gate of Reitsu Academy dorm, all my hopes were dashed as I saw Yibo senior sitting by the ledge of the front door of our dorm building. That's it, I'm doomed. I cringed my eyes and shuffled towards him with heavy footsteps, smiling awkwardly. "H-Hi senior, are you waiting for someone outside here?" "Yes, you." He pulled my hand gently with a stoic expression, "Come to my room. I've got something to say." I mentally prepare myself for the backlash of my actions, it's alright, at most I will just work part-time jobs and pay off this exorbitant fee till I'm 40 or something.

"Sit," Yibo senior pointed to the chair in his room. I sat down obediently as he pulled the chair beside me and faced me. "Do you have something to tell me?" he raised his eyebrows with a curious look. Ahh.. There's no way out of this... He must have known.. "Senior.. I'm sorry I shouldn't lie but circumstances call for it and I had to take my twin brother's place here.." I confessed while looking down on the floor, afraid to see his expression. He must be fuming mad now..

"Please help me keep it a secret.. We've been trying to find the whereabouts of my brother... I will just take his place till we can find him back.. I promise, I won't create more trouble for you..." Yibo senior remained silent and the room was filled with an awkward tension. This isn't going well..

Finally, Yibo senior said, "aren't you worried about your own safety?" I shifted my eyes up slowly trying to catch his expression. He doesn't seem that mad. "Safety? You mean being attacked? Are there a lot of lunatics like Liu Ye in this school?"

He burst out laughing as soon as he heard my question, "No silly, I mean you being a girl in this school, don't you have any considerations for that?"

"But so far everything is fine and everyone treats me well.. Is there anything I should be concern with?" I answered plainly and he patted my head gently. Sighing he replied, "It's okay, from now on just come to me if you need anything, I will help you keep this secret." "Really?? You... You aren't angry at me for keeping this secret from you?" I looked at him earnestly, feeling a wave of relief washing over me hearing his promise.

"You are already here. And I want you..." he glanced at me for a brief moment before looking away while massaging his nape, "I want you to help up with our upcoming charity event."

"Yes of course, I will do my best!" having this as an exchange for my secret? That's a sweet deal not having to fork out extra money.

Yibo
Does this girl have no clue about the impending danger should any of the guys know that she's a girl? After all it looks like she's a sheep among the wolves. No doubt, her group of friends and roommate here are decent guys but there's still a possibility of things going wrong..

Looking at her innocent brown eyes staring at me makes me want to protect her and keep her safe from harm. Is it safe for her to stay with Kun in the same room? Didn't he just kissed her so recklessly, what if he decided to do something even more drastic.