Lesson 9

Kun

"We'll start with chapter 5 today." Flipping through the textbook, I began highlighting the important formula. "Most of the questions in this chapter utilises these formula, you just need to identify the pattern and apply it according. Like this question," I underlined the question and started scribbling it on the paper. "You just need to apply this formula." I pointed to the highlighted formula and handed the paper to Yuxi, "Try it."

He nodded readily and began concentrating on the question while my gaze continued to linger on him. The way his eyebrows furrow in concentration and how he mumbled out the steps made me grin. How cute. "I think I solved it," his voice awakened me from my daze and I checked through his work.

"You've got it!" I smiled at him and his eyes twinkled with a bright smile, "Really??" He wrapped his arms around my neck and gave me a hug excitedly and I could feel the heat rising up to my ears from the close promixty of his soft and warm body pressed against mine. "I've been stuck on this question for so long, you're a really good teacher just like my brother."

"Brother? You have a brother?" this is the first time I'm hearing about it. "Ah.. I mean you're a really good teacher, just like a dependable brother," he explained and began continuing on his work. So that's what he meant.. Hearing how he called me brother made my heart sank and I felt a tinge of sadness. What on earth is going on with my emotions lately, feeling exhilarated one moment and sad the other.

"Kun, is this correct?" I put away my thoughts and began concentrating on the tutoring instead, my eyes somehow couldn't help but look towards Yuxi with every opportunity. Shit, what's wrong with me.

YuXin

"Yuxi, are you ready to go?" Kun asked as I was busy trying to tie my shoelaces. Standing up, I look around for my backpack and Kun laughed, "Your bag is with me," he handed it over to me and I smiled gratefully. "Let's go."

"Cai Xukun! I've made a bento for you," a long hair girl placed an exquisite bento box in front of Kun. Kun smiled, "Thank you but I have my own food."

As though his smile was some sort of magnet, a group of girls started swarming around us, trying to pass Kun their gifts and I got shoved by their aggressive stance. Shit, I'm about to fall. I lost my balance and stumbled back closing my eyes to brace for the fall as someone pushed me aside. Instead of landing hard on the floor, I felt someone's arm catching me as my back landed on someone.

"That's enough," Yibo senior's cold voice reverberated and the girls stopped their shoving. "Are you hurt?" I looked up to see his face etched with a worried frown and shook my head. "You girls are too much," he muttered and pulled me along with him.

We went into the student committee room and had our usual morning briefing. "Kun, stay back for a while," Yibo said with a serious look as he adjourned the morning student committee meeting.

Yibo 

"So what's this about?" Kun asked with a curious look. "You know what's this about Kun. Your fan girls are a little too much this morning," I said with a hint of annoyance. "I don't really care if they surround you all day long but for them to push Yuxi is just too much."

Kun sighed, "I know.. I will do something about it. But the way you protected him just now, I bet there'd be some backlash for sure." I furrowed my brows in anger, "Shit. I totally forgot about that."

 Third person pov

He gritted his teeth in anger, clutching his fist together as he observed how that new boy fell into the arms of Yibo. How dare he.