Lesson 17

YuXin

How could he just do that! Is this a norm in boys school to go around kissing people? I stalked off to the now empty field and sat at the steps tucking my knees to my chest huffing in anger while wiping my lips hard, this is the most horrible first kiss ever.

"Yuxi, here you are," Yibo senior's voice rang from the back as he slowly made his way over and sat beside me. "Hey, I'm sorry you had to experience that.. But I think Kun was just desperate to make you understand the situation," he consoled.

I folded my arms and placed them on top of my knees, resting my head as I sulked, "But that was my first kiss.. And he just did it without any consideration for my feelings.."

Yibo senior's mouth curved into a smile, "Then shouldn't my CPR be considered as your first kiss then?" Turning my head towards him, I frown, "That's because you had to rescue me and I was unconscious so it wasn't counted..." Hearing that, the expression on his face fell slightly and he placed his arm around my shoulder, "Then I'll take on the responsibility of finding a really beautiful girl and let you have the best kiss with her alright?"

"Who'd want to kiss a girl, I'm not a les-" I stopped myself and cringed at my stupid mistake. Shit, I've forgotten I'm a guy right now. Clearing my throat, I continued, "I mean I'm not desperate for a kiss till that extent." Laughing awkwardly, I added, "It's getting late.. I uhh I'm going back to my room," and walked away hurriedly.

Opening the door to my room, I peered in with caution, breathing a sigh of relief that Kun was not in. Whatever, I'm not in the mood to be a good person and forgive him today. I walked to my bed lazily and curled myself up in a comfortable position to sleep.

****

"I'm going to make you disappear, you are an eyesore," Liu Ye's voice echoed beside my ear as I opened my eyes trying to escape only to find my hands and legs being bound together by the rope. No no no, this is not real. I moved my hands around frantically, trying to loosen the knot but all I could feel was the searing pain of the rope cutting into my skin.

As Liu Ye pushed me into the pool, my lungs started to hurt tremendously as though someone is prodding it with a hot rod. I can't breathe. I struggled hard, trying to stay afloat but all my efforts were futile as I kept sinking deeper and deeper into the pool. Help, someone. Help me.

Kun

"Help..." YuXin muttered softly in her dream. I sat up on my bed and walk towards her bed to see her frowning with her eyes closed as tears started to flow down slowly. "Help me someone..." she cried again as she started struggling on her bed, flailing her arms around. She must be having a nightmare

"Yuxi," I bend down beside her and tapped her arms lightly but she didn't budge. Her cries started becoming more desperate and she started sobbing a little. "Yuxi," I smoothed her hair over her forehead and caressed her cheek gently, "Yuxi, it's okay, you're just having a nightmare," I said with a louder voice. Her eyes shot open and she sat up and started sobbing. Seeing her pained expression, I enveloped her in a tight hug, rubbing her back gently to comfort her. "Shh.. Shh.. Its okay you're safe now."

"I-I thought I was drowning again... It hurts so much.. I thought I was going go die..." she sobbed as she tried to catch her breath, clutching on to me tightly. "It's okay. I won't let anything happen to you anymore," I creased my brows feeling an aching pain my heart seeing her crying out like this. She must have been suppressing her fear for too long and it manifested in her dreams. I should have killed that fucking Liu Ye when I had the chance..

We stayed like this for a while as YuXin tried to regulate her feelings properly. As her sobbing subsided, she pulled away from my gently and looked at me with her soft brown eyes, " Thank you Kun for being here," I smiled and wiped away the tears from her face gently, "Don't try to hide your feelings anymore, if you are feeling scared and need someone to be here for you, I'll always be by your side." Hearing my words, she nodded her head and stifled a yawn.

"You must be tired, try to get some rest," I tucked her in her bed and smoothed her hair as her eyes began fluttering to a close gradually. YuXin, I'll protect you from now on.

YuXin

"Wah. What's with your eyes," Cheng Cheng exclaimed as he pointed at my eyes. I swatted his hand anyway, "Stop being annoying servant, just carry my bag for me, my eyes hurts." I rubbed my eyes gently, feeling the swelling pain from crying too much yesterday.

He looked at me with a frown and carried my bag silently. Since when is he so obedient. Once we reached the committee room Cheng Cheng went out and came back shortly with an ice pack. "Here you go," he handed it to me, "It helps to soothe your swollen eyes." I glanced at him with a suspicious look, "Why are you being so nice all of a sudden?"

"I know the feeling.. You must have been jilted by a girl and cried yourself to sleep yesterday. Don't mention it, just take it," he grabbed my hands and pushed the ice pack to me as I stared at him with my mouth agape at his ridiculous conclusion. Kun started snickering at my side and I slapped him lightly, "what are you laughing about?"

"I didn't know you have a girlfriend.." he smirked at me and I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, and you and Yibo senior ki-" Kun clamped my mouth with his palm, whispering to my ears, "Don't say it please.. I'll buy you a cake if you keep it a secret."

I turned back to him and replied, "Whole cake. Matcha flavor." Kun nodded without hesitation and I smiled happily, my eyes curved into a crescent as I thought about having the whole cake to savour on.

"Hey hey, enough of monkey business, let's talk about our plans for this upcoming collaboration with Sakura Academy," Yibo senior announced, placing the thick folder in front of us. Sakura Academy, why does it ring a bell. I seemed to have heard it somewhere but I can't pinpoint who is attending the school. "We will be working with their student committee to plan for our charity event. They'd be coming here for a meeting next week so we'd need to have the details ironed out then, I heard the chairperson of the committee is very hard up about nitty gritty details."

" Aye, with you and kun around we don't have to worry much," Cheng Cheng waved off Yibo senior's concern."Well I happen to worry the most about you and your laid back attitude," Yibo senior shot back. "Let's get back to discussion later, it's time to go for class."

****

Kun

"Here you go, your cake as promised," I took the cake box out from the paper bag and handed it to YuXin who's grinning from ear to ear as though she's just received the best Christmas present from Santa. "Wah, you bought it from the famous Japanese store? This is the best!" She tore the cake box eagerly, her eyes fixated at the matcha cake glimmering with happiness. Seeing her face of happiness, my hand automatically reached for her head to ruffle her hair a little," You really like your cakes that much huh. "

She took the fork and went straight for the cake, "Yeahh.. I'll be magnanimous and forgive you for what you've done yesterday on the account of this cake."

"Don't worry.. I won't do that to you ever again..." I mumbled not by force anyway. I didn't intend to kiss her in that moment but somehow one thing led to another and I couldn't catch hold of my emotions before it was too late. I don't regret kissing her though, there was a sense of comfort as our lips touched, it felt just right. From that kiss, I've realised my feelings for YuXin, I like her more than just a roommate and that sense of protectiveness was not some gentlemen act but rather my feelings towards her just keeps growing without me realising it.. No matter what, I will keep my word and keep her safe in this school.