May 9, 2015

Wanna hang out?

I stared at the text I'd sent Ceci over two hours ago. She'd left me on read for the third time since the day "Stitches" had officially been released and I'd stupidly lied about having sex. When I saw her in school, she looked the other way.

I wanted us to talk before tomorrow, which was one of our family Sunday dinners. Sitting at the table knowing she was upset with me would be terrible, and our parents would be sure to notice. I didn't need my mum probing me with questions.

I laid back on my bed with a sigh before going to iTunes to see how my latest song was ranked. It had moved up two more spots which was great, but it didn't make me smile like it should have.

My phone dinged.

My parents just left to go to dinner and a movie

If you want to come over you can

I sat up so fast that I almost got whiplash. I quickly typed my reply.

Sure

OMW

"Where are you headed?" my mother asked as I ran down the stairs to the front door.

"Ceci's."

"Are you eating there?"

"We didn't discuss it. Save me some dinner just in case," I called out before shutting the door behind me.

I walked the few blocks to the Burroughs' house, regretting not getting a sweatshirt. It was chilly out and would be even colder when I walked home later. I rang the doorbell and Ceci appeared a couple seconds later. She had on her glasses and her hair was up in a messy bun. I smiled when I saw that she was wearing one of my concert T's, though it was way too big on her.

"I know it's huge. They only had XL left when I went to buy one," she said as she turned to walk down the hall. "It's kind of nice to have it to sleep in."

Was it weird that I liked that she slept with my face on her body? Probably. That's why I kept that thought to myself.

"You know I could get you any merch you want," I told her.

"I don't like taking advantage of the fact that you're a star."

I made a mental note to grab a bunch of shirts and hoodies for her when my tour resumed.

I expected Ceci to head down to the basement, but instead she went up the stairs. I followed until we got to her room. It had been ages since I'd last been in it and it had changed a lot. I seemed to recall her telling me that she and Lisa had done a makeover.

"I was doing my toes and I want to finish," she explained before sitting on the floor and picking up a bottle of pink sparkly polish.

I sat on the edge of her bed and watched while she carefully painted each toenail. Then she bent forward and blew on them, which was strangely sexy.

"I hate it when you're mad at me," I said when she was done.

"I hate being mad at you."

"Can we talk about it? I don't want to go back on tour with things like this."

She got off the floor and sat next to me on the bed. "That's why you're here, right?"

I'd rehearsed what I was going to say in my head on the walk over. "I'm really sorry about the other day. I was a jackass."

"That's putting it mildly."

"Can you forgive me?"

She sighed. "There's nothing to forgive. If you want to be one of those guys then that's your choice. I'd prefer it if you didn't talk about your sexual escapades in front of me, however."