April 9, 2022

Two weeks together; two weeks apart.

That was the pattern for the near future. I was currently back in Los Angeles because I'd closed on the house the week before. After looking at a dozen other homes, I'd gone with the fixer-upper that Ceci had fallen in love with. She was right that it had character. It also had history, which I learned when I signed the papers on it. The first owner had been a famous silent film star who had built it to reside in during her golden years. It was passed on to her daughter, and she remained in it until she died at the beginning of the year. Her nephew who'd inherited it had no desire to keep it, which is why it had been on the market. He happened to be a well known TV actor from the early 90's, and I'd posed for a couple pictures with him at closing.

Ceci had decided to stay in Toronto for the time being. I'd been disappointed when she told me, but I understood. One positive thing had occurred, though. She gave up the lease on her tiny apartment and moved into mine, so that when I was in Canada, we were living together. It made leaving a little easier when I knew she was waiting for me at our shared home.

I really wanted to share the L.A. home with her, too. I'd fallen in love with it on a different level than I had my condos. It felt like a home, and not just a place to live. I could see myself raising a family in it.

Ceci was on her way to my place from LAX with the renovation plans she'd been working on with the contractor I'd hired. She was using some of her vacation time to stay for a long weekend, and even though we'd just been together in Toronto, I couldn't wait to see her. Her texts made it clear she felt the same way.

I'll be there in 10 mins

I've missed you ❤️

I smiled at my phone and then replied.

Missed u more ❤️❤️❤️

When she arrived, I gave her a long kiss and then took her bags to the bedroom, which like the rest of the house was minimally furnished. She'd said I should wait to buy anything until after the construction was completed so that it could fit the look. I'd bought a king sized mattress which was on the floor, a couch from IKEA, and a tiny table with two chairs.

Ceci looked around. "This is the closest to living like a normal twenty-three year old you are ever going to get."

I laughed. "Probably. I don't really hate it since I've got what I need."

"Just wait until you don't have a kitchen. You might hate that."

She apparently forgot how little I used my kitchen when she wasn't around.

"I'll only be here for a week of that, then I'll be back home with you."

Standing on her tiptoes, she gave me a kiss. "I can't wait. I don't like being alone in that gigantic condo. We should have kept my place and sold yours."

"But I'm Shawn Mendes. I can't live in a two room apartment," I joked.

"One day I'm going to get you to move into a tiny home with me. Just you wait."

"As long as it's got space for a piano and my guitars."

She took out her computer and showed me the 3-D plans for the kitchen. I'd seen them already, but it was different when she was next to me explaining everything.

"When is the pool going in?" she asked.

"I was hoping soon but my pool guy said he wants to wait until the interior is done because he thinks it would be too many contracting vehicles in my driveway. I guess they get cranky with each other when one is blocking in the others."