Chapter 55

Hastily I opened the door of the restroom and entered the fortunately empty room

Hastily I opened the door of the restroom and entered the fortunately empty room. My tired muscles automatically relaxed before I sighed in frustration and buried my face in the palm of my hands.

Let's summarize what happened today: First Donghyuck geot my number and texted me nonstop, then I fell for his stupid ass lie about SVT and now Jeno's assumption. I really am unlucky...

Another groan left my lips before I dragged my weary body to the closest sink and supported myself on its edges. Shortly afterwards, I looked into my own reflection that showed me my present condition.

Bright red cheeks, slightly tousled hair and dark circles under my eyes - all in all I looked really shitty. Not only my appearance though, but also my feelings were completely off. Tiredness, shame, sadness, hate, annoyance, confusion and more...

The most frustrating thing was that I didn't know though which emotions were directed against NCT and which were directed against myself. At this point I only wanted to pull on my own hair.

I slowly lowered my gaze and turned on the tap to splash some cold water on my face, hoping it would work against my tiredness. To be honest, I could fall asleep right here right now, still standing midst the empty room with no energy reserves left.

Another small sigh left my lips as I dried my face with a few tissues while I mentally prepared myself to go back into the movie theater. I opened the door a little later and just took a step outside when at the same moment an all too familiar voice startled me.

"You're still here," it came from Donghyuck, who was standing at the end of the corridor, leaning against one of the walls with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

His expression, as expected, was quite indifferent, while his eyes seemed to pierce me. "I expected you to be long gone by now."

I was a little shocked when I realized that I was about to head back to them, although I could have gone home instead. I really couldn't blame the universe for putting me into all those uncomfortable or troublesome situation when my stupidity was pretty much bigger than my ego.

"Well, I actually had to use restroom and was planning on leaving afterwards," I lied without blinking  and tried to stay as calm as possible, avoiding the fact that I had literally fled to the toilet ashamed only a few minutes ago.
Apparently the boy believed me though and therefore started to steer the conversation in a different direction.

"What did you and Jeno talk about? You looked pretty upset."

Not being able to do anything about it, my heart once again made a jump as I prayed from the bottom of my heart that neither my cheeks nor my ears would turn red. The simple thought of the topic of our conversation made me flustered in an instance, causing me to unconsciously play with the hem of my top tensly.

I cleared my throat and watched the handsome boy in front of me, "Nothing that should interest you."

Although his face didn't move a bit, his eyes reflected a whole sea of emotions that I hardly knew how to interpret. His gaze sank thoughtfully while I just stood there and tried to figure out the boy several meters away from me.
It almost seemed as if he was sad or disappointed and even if I shouldn't, I secretly wanted to finally understand his behavior.