Chapter 10

'Jenny McCaw '.

Stacey looked through the ID and then to the corpse before her, 'god, she looks horrible', she looked away, trying to breathe. Storm shut his eyes for a few seconds before looking at the body, yet another beautiful woman taken from this world. The same cuts and bruises as the last two that showed, this killer was repeating his fantasies.

'Storm?'

He looked up at Rushforth, his brow etched with concern, 'I'm alright, just trying to take it all in', he muttered, he was never like this in front of Baloc, he didn't have the guts to show such a feeling in front of him. But Rushforth and Stacey didn't mind at all, they knew it was a difficult job, if anything, their job was even worse. A knock on the door brought Storm's attention back, he straightened his back as Baloc entered, 'the woman I was talking had an interesting story to tell', he said as he stopped in front of the body, he didn't flinch, 'oh? What'd she say?'

'Well, apparently there's someone who's attacked her some time ago, but she doesn't know who they are, as in, she hasn't seen their face'.

'Oh... Well that's a little useless'.

'Hmm, I wonder if he's recently attacked her. I couldn't ask anymore because she passed out, she'd barely gotten any sleep'.

Storm scoffed, 'I'm surprised she even was able to fall asleep after encountering this', he nodded towards the body. The thing that still rang through Baloc's mind was that small sentence on that old scrap of paper that was pried form Santara's icy grip, 'find my little nightingale and bring her to me', he said softly. Rushforth looked up from the papers, 'sorry?'

'The sentence on the paper, from the first victim'.

Rushforth nodded, 'oh yes, that one, it's a little strange don't you think?' Baloc shrugged, 'everything about this is strange', he felt Storm by his side, 'we didn't even think to check the second victim if she had some kind of -'.

'Clue? Yeah, she does, I was about to show you'.

Stacey had stepped forward, she had brought out a little silver tray that held another piece of scrap paper, 'this was stuffed in her mouth, I almost missed it', Storm sighed, 'what does it say?' Baloc had put some gloves on and began to unfold the paper.

The longer you take, the more of them die

Ah shit...

Stacey couldn't keep the fear from rushing to her face, she clasped her hands together, but Baloc could see she was still shaking, she was like this with every body that came to her, he was use to seeing her like this, he reached over and gently placed his gloved hand onto hers, not saying anything, but it was a gesture to assure her that everything was ok, that it was alright to react like this, Storm raked his fingers through his hair, 'I don't know what to say... How can we know who this 'Nightingale' is, there aren't any other clues, we need more -', he quickly put his hands up, realising what he was about to say, 'not - not that I want more to show up or anything', Baloc nodded, 'I know, we need to move quickly, but at least we have someone', Rushforth frowned, 'who?'

'Deacon Georgina'.