Chapter 17

When they reached the office, Storm had resumed to his desk and Baloc was tempted to accompany him but he knew from past experiences that his partner would most likely want to be left alone for a while.

'Robertson?'

He looked up to see his boss, Margot Finaly at the door to her office, she motioned for him to follow. When he entered, he joined her at her desk, 'we've got too many bodies showing up, this last victim -'.

'Sounds like the same killer, it all happened too quickly, or it could be another killer, we don't know, we're still working on it'.

She nodded, 'how is he?' She nodded towards the few desks outside where Storm was, Baloc sighed, 'he'll recover, it just takes a little longer'. 

'I heard about the Miss Georgina, you say that she hasn't told you everything?'

'I'm only assuming'.

'You've done pretty well so far'.

'I'll update you with anything that comes up'. 

---------------------------------------------------

When Baloc had arrived at the autopsy room, he was greeted by Stacey, 'Rushforth had to grab a couple of files, but he said to show you this, he found it under the Nancy Morgan's body when she was being moved, we checked her car keys, but there was no evidence of anything breaking off it'.

'So it could belong to the attacker?'

She nodded and allowed him to take a closer look, a small key chain with a bullet hanging off it, it could be anyone's of course, that could've already been there when she died, he shook his head, 'what?' Stacey's voice brought him back, 'oh sorry, just thinking to myself'.

'You don't know if it was already there when she was killed?'

'It could be anyone's, but we shouldn't throw it away of course, keep it bagged'.

Nancy Morgan lay on the table, lifeless, like all the other girls, she once had a full life a head of her. Anger engulfed Baloc, the killer was still out there. That's what frustrated him the most when it came to this job, you want to find the killer straight away, but it's never going to be easy, there won't ever be a time where the killer would hand themselves over.