Year one: Forgetful

Sometimes i forget things. Huge things.

For example, today i was supposed to set an alarm for 8 in the morning. Now me and my parents are running around like it's the end of the world in an attempt to not be late for a breakfast with my mother's boss.

"Y/n! Hows it going up there!" My mother called from downstairs "what should i wear mum?" I called back looking through my clothes for something nice.

"Oh wait right where you are! I'm coming up!" My mother runs up the stairs and takes a quick look through my drawer.

"This one sweetie" she said holding up a frilly flower covered dress that I wouldn't be caught dead in on a normal day, but mum needed to make a good impression on her boss. "Hold on mum, put it down"

mum's face fell "come on Y/n, I know it's not your thing but-" I grabbed my training wand from my dresser "no, i'll wear it, i just wanna try something."

Mother puts it down and steps back "Accio dress!" I called the summoning charm out clearly and the dress started floating twords me.

I had my arm stretched out, but when it was about a foot away it fell down to the floor. I let out a large sigh and reach down to snatch up the dress.

"It got very close Y/n!" Mother praised with a smile. "Not close enough" I grumble causing my mum to frown

"that's why you go to school to learn about magic" my mum walked forward and tilted my head up to look me in the eyes "you'll learn, now get dressed"

mother gave me a kiss on the forehead and walked away. "She's right, it takes time" I whisper to myself.

I put on the dress yanking at the bottom to pull it down "it's short." I think i should just deal with it, but before i walk out I put a pair of leggings on underneath.

I jump my way down the stairs and see my dad dashing around trying to remember how to tye his tie. "Dad!" I call out and he stops in his tracks "oh sweet pea! Thank Merlin you're here! Could you help me with the tie?"

I help father and his tie looks like any other muggle's tie. I don't know why any wizard or witch would want to look like a muggle, but i guess we have to blend in.

"Mother! Are you ready?" My mum came rushing down ready to go. We walked out the door and went to go have breakfast with mother's boss.

--

When we got there mum's boss shook all our hands "ah, the Wellton family, it's a pleasure to be meeting up"

when he shook my hand i smiled innocently and dipped my head in greeting "you must be y/n?" I look up at him and nod my head

"it's a good pleasure to meet you sir" I said in a sickly sweet voice. He smiled back "i heard your turning 11 this week, correct?"

I keep my act up and tell him "yes sir, i'm very excited"

"well, happy early birthday" he turned to mother "I have some very good news. Quick lets discus over breakfast"

when they had all settled down and ordered, mum's boss forked over the news

"a new spot has just opened up, it's almost as high as me, and they're asking for the most hard working and responsible employee I have" our eyes light up in slight hope "congratulations Mrs.Wellton, you've been promoted."

Mum smiled widely and threw her arms in the air, her boss smiling just as widely as her. "Thank you so much sir, I won't let you down!"

Mum's boss somehow smiled even wider "I know you won't, now our foods here, and i'd imagine Y/n is starving"

I was, and the food looked amazing.