Year one: Welcome to Hogwarts

We were moving and Harry wanted to know when I got Ares I explained how I just saw him and got him, but then I remembered the owl

"oh yeah, some owl was staring at me! It was an eagle owl, I heard they're pretty fast, it was so cool"

I babbled about how the owl looked when suddenly Harry was looking past me, and out the window. "By any chance, did it look like that?" Ron asked, pointing out the window.

The owl was flying at what seemed to be it's top speed I quickly opened the window and the owl soared in.

"What on earth is happening?" I asked "I don't know, but I think you got yourself an owl" Harry  said, I thought we could only take one pet, but I probably just forgot.

--

After a while when we had all settled in and another girl had joined us, a boy my age raced into our cart sobbing.

He had copper colored hair that was tamely styled and soft blue eyes with bage skin

I don't think he realized there were other people in the cart, because he was letting it all out.

The other three looked about ready to draw straws to decide on who spoke first, but I was already on my way with Ares in my hands.

"Hello" I said to the kid, sitting next to him. The kid nearly jumped out of his skin his face stained with tears.

"What's wrong?" The kid looked away, then began sobbing uncontrollably once again.

"The kids in the other cart made fun of me, they called me muggle born, and mud blood. I'm new to this world, but I know an insult when I hear one"

my eyes softened at the poor kid. He was simply a muggle till his 11th birthday. "Don't listen to them okay? They don't have a clue what they're talking about"

the kid sniffed but tears still streamed down his face "I don't have a clue what they're talking about. Purebloods and mudbloods, I don't get it. I shouldn't be here"

the kid looked down at the floor tears dropping slowly "it's okay that you don't know, you're going to learn, that's why we all go to school. Even purebloods."

The kid sniffed and looked up "oh I didn't mean to bother you, i'll head back now."

I didn't trust that the kid would be okay in the same cart, so I looked for a reason to have the kid stay.

Then I spotted Ares who was rubbing the boys arm and purring. "Are you sure you don't wanna chill with us?" I say us while motioning to Ares

"the other three in this cart are kind of off in their own world, and it's getting lonely"

the kid smiled lightly at Ares "okay, I can stick around" I smile back at the kid "so what's your name?"

The boy looked at Ares while petting him while he spoke "Gerald Lutworth" I hold out my hand "i'm Y/n Wellton, it's a pleasure to meet you Lutworth" we shake hands and begin to talk about the wizarding world, all for the rest of the ride.

--

The train was at a stop and everyone in the cart was looking for their things.

Ron used the Accio spell to bring Lutworth's stuff over. He smiled gratefully and we all made our way out of the train.

I saw a large man, and I don't mean large as in you know big, I mean he literally towerd over us. He guided us to some boats, and we rowed across the river to Hogwarts.

When we got in we were led into a room, where a woman spoke to us. "I'm professor Mcgonagall, and you will be sorted shortly, when I come back to collect you"