Special Chapter #5

Reader's pov

I raced to the window to open it an Owl swooped in. I plucked the letter off his leg and ripped it open.

When I finshed I reread it a few more times.

He was right wasn't he? I don't think anyone my age even likes to smile at their parents.

Well except maybe Lutworth, but I guess from Malfoy's logic that makes sense.

I put the letter down and looked up at Owl. "Pumpkin juice" he looked up at me and flew over to land on my desk.

"Huh" I shrugged and stood up to grab a book from my shelf, laying down and reading.

I was there for probably an hour when I turned and spotted the small cloudy ball on my dresser.

I tapped it and red slowly spread through the whole ball. I stared intensely in an attempt to find out what I forgot.

I flinched my hand away when dad walked into my room.

"Hey dad" I say awkwardly as he watches the ball go back to normal.

"Have you cleaned your owl's cage yet?" He looked at Owl's cage and I glanced over

"oh yeah I still got to do that" I put the book down and stood up to clean his cage.

Dad took a glance at my desk and spotted the letter "who you writing to?"

I forced myself not to react in panic and spoke calmly

"oh, just my friend..." I paused and emedently just said a random name "Potter"

i'm not sure why I didn't say someone like Lutworth, maybe it was because you could sort of see the stamp and it definitely wasn't yellow.

Dad smiled at me and walked over to the letter "really? I didn't know you two talked"

I rushed over and attempted to slap my hand down over the letter before he picked it up.

He got there first and he smirked "well, well, well what have you two been talking about huh?"

I desperately lurched for the letter in an attempt to grab it but he pulled it out of my reach.

He seemed to realize it didn't exactly say from Harry Potter and his face fell as he looked down at me

Ohhhh, you in trouble
-Potthead