Special chapter #1

Draco's pov

1 week into summer and I already wanted to be anywhere but home. Father wouldn't just screw off, and it's annoying at this point.

I was laying on my bed angry when I heard a small thunk on the window.

I sat up and Owl was flying outside my window and tapping his beak on it.

I quickly rushed to open it and he fluttered in, but he didn't look exactly happy.

I put a small tin of water in front of him and he snapped his beak at my hand.

Glaring at him I looked at his leg, where a letter was loosely tied. I tried to reach for it but he snapped at me again.

Well that was going to be a problem, wasn't it?

After a painful twenty minutes, and equally painful bites, I got the letter.

I opened the envelope and read it quickly. At the speed of light I grabbed some parchment and a quill.

I held the quill over the parchment and began writing.

Wellton,

Is your owl stupid something? I just tried to grab the letter for a solid twenty minutes, because he wouldn't stop biting me. Either way, I guess it's cool to hear from you, maybe i'll get bored over the summer and owl you, but no promises. Try not to be too annoying with your letters, okay?

Sincerely,
Draco Malfoy

I folded up the parchment and slipped it into an envelope, sealing it with a dark green Slytherin wax stamp.

Now this was going to be difficult.

I snuck up on Owl in attempt to tie it to his leg, but that didn't work. Then Owl snatched the envelope from my hand with his beak.

"That works" I sighed as I went to open the window. He dived at me with his talons outstretched and I ducked out the way.

He opened the latch like it was nothing and pulled the window open.

Wonder how he knew that, because that wasn't a one year trick to teach an owl.

Despite the fact, it was cool to be sending a letter to Wellton. Despite how pissed I was, and despite the fact that my hands hurt like hell, I smiled for the first time since I came home.