Special Chapter #6

Reader's pov

Dad was staring at me and he called my mum in

"what's wrong hun?" She said quietly until she spotted the envelope in dad's hand.

She probably saw the Slytherin stamp and put two and two together

"sweetie" she said it in such a passive aggressive voice that it made me even more worried

"what did we tell you?" I looked at the ground and couldn't help a glance at my dresser.

My dad followed my glance and stared at the dresser. I watched in horror as he opened the drawer and revealed the dozens upon dozens of letters.

When he turned around he looked angrier than i'd ever seen him, and for the first time I can remember he raised his voice at me.

"Do you think I said what I did for no reason?" He was yelling now and shame washed over me, soon replaced with anger.

Why didn't he just tell me why? "You don't know what you're tapping into!" He shouted and another first came

"then tell me!" I had yelled back at dad and he stared in shock.

"Don't you think I would if that was possible!" I remembered what Malfoy had said, all the words in his letters.

Me and my parents wouldn't be best friends forever.

"Just get out of my room!" I shouted so loud that it echoed around the room and sent Ares dashing under the bed.

My parents stared at me but when they didn't move I glared at them and snatched the letter out of my dad's hand.

Suddenly dad was inches away from my face "you are grounded until you remember you aren't grown"

he spoke quietly and he turned to walk out the room. Mum followed suit and closed the door behind her.

Once I was sure I was alone I fell to the ground and sobbed into my hands.

Ares slipped out from under my bed and curled up next to me as I sat there.

"I should've just listened" I sobbed in my hands while I spoke as Owl fluttered down next to me.

"This was so stupid!" I was angry again, but this time at myself.

"So stupid..."

I looked at the drawer and glanced towards the trash bin "getting rid of those, everything will be fine"

I grabbed the newest letter and tossed it in my empty trash bin. I walked over to the drawer with the letters and reached my hand out to open it.

Suddenly Owl landed in front of it blocking my hand, the letter I had just tossed in his beak.

"Owl?" I tried to reach past him but he dropped the letter that was in his mouth to snap at me.

"Owl, move!" After a while it was obvious he wasn't moving and I laid down on my bed with a sigh.