5th Chapter

The next day I finally took the opportunity to talk to Cecilia and Anna. I approached them and started talking in Italian.
- Girls, how were you with the Sultan? I asked them, pretending not to hear anything from him.

They both bowed their heads and looked at me in sadness.
- We started dancing for the Sultan, and he said that he was not in the mood and that his mother did not know what kind of women he wanted. Cecilia said, starting to cry.

I hugged her to comfort her.
- Then what happened? I asked her with interest.
- He drove us out of his chambers. And now. . . - she started talking but she couldn't continue from tears.
-What now? I asked her worriedly.

At the same time, I was glad that the Sultan rejected them, and at another time, they were the only ones I know here and I didn’t want to lose the only acquaintances and be left alone.

- Kosem Sultani sends us to the Old Palace because we did not meet its conditions. Tonight he is sending him new Greek concunines, maybe they will have more luck than us. said Anna in tears.

I hugged them both and was very sad about them. I was left alone without any friends in this harem. The thing that made me angry again is that Kosem Sultani persistently sends concubines to Murad. But I didn’t have time to bother with that.

After Cecilia and Anna left the court, I decided to go to the princes and sultans. Sultania Farya met me there.

- Sultan! - I told her and I bowed to her. She gave me a big smile.
- Rachela, I'd like to change your name. To make it easier for children to learn from you. From now on, I will call you Hatiçe. - she told me.

I bowed to her and thanked her for the name, even though at first I didn’t like it that much. All women had some powerful names, and Hatiçe was a name worn by sultanates, slaves and maids.

I repeated my new name a few more times in my head so I could get used to it.
"Did you hear what happened to the slaves who came with you?" Farya told me proudly.

- I heard, Sultan. They are just being taken to the Old Palace. I told her. She put her hand on my shoulder at that moment and looked at me as if she wanted to tell me something important.

-That's why I'm glad you're here for the children, not the Sultan." Don't even try to win his heart. I am his lawful wife and no one will change that.- she said, trying to scare me right away.

I didn’t need a bad relationship with the Sultana at first so I just nodded to her and pretended to respect her words. At that moment, I just wanted to see Murad. His beautiful brown eyes. In those eyes I could see the whole universe.

After Farya left the children’s chambers, I was left alone with Ismihan, Ahmed and Suleiman. The children fell in love with me very quickly and that was the most important thing for me not to ruin the respect of Sultana Kosem.

- How did you get here? Ismihan asked me and sat down on the sofa. I was standing next to her.
- When your father Sultan Murad came to Venice, I was there at that moment. I told her with a smile, trying to hide some things. The Sultan was young to hear that, and I don’t think anyone in this palace should know about it.- I'm glad you're with us. My mother has been sad lately and doesn’t worry about us. said Ismihan sadly.
- Why is she sad, Sultan? I asked her worriedly.

- Farya constantly brags about being married to my father. It hurt my mother so much that she wanted to kill herself and us, but thank God, it wasn’t the real poison in the end. said Ismihan, sighing deeply.

- I'm sorry about that, Sultan, I hope your mother recovers from that. I told her sympathetically.

- Do you have a family?- Ismihan asked me with great interest in me.