7th Chapter

Kosem Sultana was a powerful Sultana. Everyone admired her. She was an extremely strong authority. I didn't want to offend that woman right away. I knew she didn’t let Murad have strong women with him, but she didn’t know I was a strong woman. She didn't know I was ready to do anything.

Kosem Sultan sent her son girls she would consider suitable. She wanted to have girls who didn’t influence him, because she didn’t want some girl to gain his great affection. That would mean Murad opposing his mother.

After talking to her, I had to take on my responsibilities and go to the children of Murad. In the chambers I found only Ismihan Sultan.

- Sultana! - I bowed to her and smiled at her. I came closer to her.
- Where are your brothers? - I asked her. It was strange to me that there were no princes Suleiman and Ahmed.

- They're in class, Hatice. - she said and sat down on the sofa sadly.
I saw Ismihan bothering something. She was depressed and not very willing.

- Sultana, are you all right? I asked her, really worried, but I knew something was wrong. As much as I was a proud woman, I started to love Murad's children very quickly. Especially Ismihan Sultana. I loved her as if she were my child.

- I'm not well at all, Hatice. Nothing in my life is good. she said, lowering her head sadly. At that moment, I sat down on the sofa next to her, even though I knew I shouldn’t. But I wanted to comfort our Sultana.

I took her hand in mine and took her tightly.
- Tell me what's bothering you, Sultana. I can't look at you sad. - I told her with pity.

Ismihan leaned on my shoulder and I hugged her tightly.
- My father doesn't like my mother at all. According to the harem, he spent the night with a concubine last night. My mother is broken because of it. She didn't even let me into her chambers. - Ismihan said and burst into tears. I knew I was the source of those tears, but I didn't want it to be known.

- Sultana. Please don't cry. I know it’s not easy for your mother, but those are the rules in this harem. No woman can escape these rules. But you were born as a Sultana, you will never be like that. You will one day have a husband who will have only you. Your husband will never be allowed to look at another woman. I said as she cried on my shoulder. I fell in love with the Sultan Murad very much, and I didn't want her to be sad. I was especially saddened that I was the cause of those tears.

- I can't watch my mother cry. It saddens me even more that she doesn’t even care about me. Like neither for my brother Ahmed. The mother just shuts herself in the chambers and doesn’t go out anywhere. Ismihan spoke through tears streaming down her cheeks.

- Sultan, do not grieve please. It is difficult for your mother, but it is not an excuse for her behavior towards you. Try talking to her about it. I told her, hugging her.

- But I'm even angrier with my father. When I find out which woman was with him, I will destroy her. I don't know why he does this to my mother. Wasn't his marriage to Fary enough for him? That killed my mother. But this new one, I'm even more afraid of that. No one knows who she is. I will do my best to make my mother happy. - said Ismihan and started to wipe the tears from her face.

I was very shaken by Ismihan's words. She talked about wanting to destroy that woman, and she didn't know that woman was me. I fell very much in love with Murad. I couldn't help myself.

- Sultana, don't do that. You never know who that woman is. I told her, trying to comfort her.
- Whoever she is, I will never forgive her. Never. she said, trying not to cry anymore.

"Hatice, will you stay with me tonight to study Italian?" I really want to learn something. Ismihan asked me. At that moment, it cut me off. Murad called me to his place. He called me to spend the evening with him. If I refuse Ismihan, she will know that I am that woman.