48th Chapter

That day I couldn't think about what the future is going to bring us anymore. Everyone has its own fate which is destined to each one of us.

But before anything could happen, I went to visit my sons one-by-one, privatley.

First, I've decided to visit my son Bayezid. My lion. He was bornt as triplet, he had twin brothers Mahmud and late Osman. It was the first time in the history of our dinasty that triplets of Şehzades were bornt.

I came to his room and I saw him reading a book.

- Valide, welcome, I didn't except to see you! - he said and smiled to me

- Valide, welcome, I didn't except to see you! - he said and smiled to me. He got up and kissed my hand in sign of a respect.

- Bayezid, my brave lion! I missed you so much! What are you doing? - I asked him with interest as I sat on his couch next to him.

- I am reading some books about magnificent ancestor Sultan Suleyman Khan! I am fascinated about his life and everyhing he did. - he said to me being really excited about that book.

- That is true, your ancestor was one of the biggest leaders the world has seen. He did a lot of good to our country, and he was great conqueror. - I told him.

- I also heard about his wife he loved really much, Hurrem Sultana. I think the only love that is bigger than their is yours and our father's. - he said which made me blushed.

- Valide, by the way, I haven't seen father for so long. What happened to him? I am worried! - he told me.

- Your father is not fine, he will leave this world and us really soon, unfotnatley. - I barely could tell that to him without showing any sadness. I wanted to be strong in front of my children and not to show my emotions and weakness in front of them.

I could see Bayezid's smile slowly disappointing from his face.
- Valide, why haven't you told that to us earlier? - he asked me really sadly.

- We didn't know if he will get any better, but doctors dont have any hope for him anymore. - I said and sighed.

- That means brother Ahmed will ascend the throne? - Bayezid asked me.

- I hope not. I will do whatever is needed for one of my sons to ascend the throne. - I told him and smiled to him.

- You will do everything for Iskender, but not for us. He even went to Sanjak, while we didn't. And I'm only year younger than Iskender. - he told me and looked away from me.

- Bayezid, we don't know who will become the Sultan. You are all my children and my lions. I love you all equally. May God make all of you happy. And the one who is destined to become Sultan will be one day. - I putted my hand on his leg and smiled to him.

- Valide, I've always dreamed about being Sultan. I want to conquer all the lands, and even come to Vienna. I want to be more powerful than even Sultan Suleyman was. - he told me and smiled.