43rd Chapter

Six months have passed. Silahtar was beheaded because of his acts towards Atike Sultana and love affair. My son Iskender was sent to Sanjak. Ismihan happily married Kasim-paşa, while Huricihan was waiting for her marriage with Kemankeş which will take a place in next few months.

All the preparations for marriage were almost done, but Sultan decided to wait a bit more with her marriage. He also arranged marriage of our daughters Safiye and Handan which wedding will take place the same day as Huricihan's.

Murad decided he will marry Safiye for Bosnian beylerbey Malkocoğlu Ahmed-bey, and Handan will marry Egyptian Gouvernour Halil-paşa.

I was sad because I knew my daughters will move far away from me, but at least they were happy with their chosen husbands. Their happines was more important than anything else to me.

The day of marriage of my daughters finally came. There was huge ceremony and party in harem in name of our girls.

Seeing my girls Huriçihan, Safiye and Handan happy made my heart warm. Their father allowed them to marry men they love.

I promised my daughters I will always be by their side if they ever need something. If they are unhappy with their marriage, they will be always welcome to return to harem and to continue happy life.

Before the marriage, I decided to visit and talk with my daughters alone, eye to eye.

Firstly I decided to visit Huricihan my eldest daughter. My first child.

I came into her chambers and saw maids are preparing her for her wedding. She looked really pretty.

- Valide, welcome! - Huricihan said as she turned to me and went to give me hug

- Huriçihan, my daughter, you look so beautiful! - I told her while giving her big hug.

I turned around to maids to give them a notice to leave us alone. As they left her chambers, I went to sofa and sat with her.

- Huriçihan, you are my first child. With you I've learnt how its to be a mother. You have a special place in my heart. - I've told her as I took her hands into mines.

- Valide, you are going to make me cry. I already miss you with the thought I will move away from Palace. - she said and removed a tear from her eyes, but tears of joy.

- Huricihan, we won't be really separated! Our Sultan gave you and Kemankeş-paşa a palace which is really close to Topkapi! I am going to visit you often!

- That is only thing that keeps me happy! Valide, I hope Kemankeş will be promoted to Grand Vizier and now we will be able to make the throne for our brother! - Huricihan told me proudly, which kinda shocked me.

- Huricihan, why do you think of the throne while your father is still alive? - I asked her surprised by her words.

- I know, Valide, but one day father won't be here anymore. He has lot of enemies, and he has two sons, Ahmed and Suleyman which are elder than Iskender. I want us to make sure the throne is going to be Iskender's. And Kemankeş is going to help us with that. - she said.